Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

CW /PTT problem with N1MM

Options
Eugene
Eugene Member ✭✭
edited January 2020 in SmartSDR for Windows
Faced with a problem in CW, that while controlling transmission from N1MM+ through F1, F2... macros and transmission from the built-in key, even if this is not a regular situation, but such a collision is possible, the transceiver hangs up for transmission. It helps to withdraw it in different ways, either by manipulating with the key, or by transferring a macro, the garbage is complete. This happens on different transceivers, I have F-6700 and F-6400, both transceivers have the latest firmware,  Win is also different -7 and 10, I tried with the Wintest log, the same situation. Earlier on the 6700 with the old version 1.11 this was not.I recently switched to the latest firmware and did not have time to check in the CW contest, and yesterday I received a lot of “pleasure” from this disgrace. It seemed to me that even during normal manipulation freezes occurred, at first I thought. that this is a tip, but turned off the PA, and the disgraces continued. Now what: to check, roll back to old versions ??

Comments

• Eugene
    Eugene Member ✭✭
    edited January 2020
    Options
    By the way, I connected the external Winkeyer K3NG, checked the operation of the N1MM docking with the external Winkey, so far if you do not pose the issue of Flex manipulation, so it turns out that the joint work is correct, when transmitting F1, F2 .... you can insert the transfer by the external Winkey manipulator, and the transmission ends correctly when the manipulation is completed. It follows that SmartSDR has a Bug with an internal Winkey, as there it ends with freezing TX. But when using an external Winkey in this case, you need to organize the laces CW and PTT.  Learned that this problem is not only mine. My mood after such disgrace at zero. Work in contests is not possible. Need to do something.
  • Bill NE1B
    Bill NE1B Member ✭✭✭
    edited January 2020
    Options
    Focus is usually the problem.  I have found that sometimes hitting the F1, F2, key unpredictable keying occurs.  For that reason, I always have CWX on the side with backup macro messages.  But I soon discovered why N1MM+ did not respond properly.  It was Focus on the logging window.  In each case, I had purposely, or inadvertently clicked on another window to lookup different information, or read an email...forgetting to put my mouse focus back on N1MM+ logging window.
    When I am sure I am focused on that window, all works as expected.  But being precautionary, I still keep CWX open...just in case!
  • Eugene
    Eugene Member ✭✭
    edited January 2020
    Options
    Thanks, I switched to the old USB modem for CW and PTT, now there is no conflict with the internal key. Now it’s even more convenient to work, on the command of the ESC there is an instant transmission break, but using Winkey port  is not.
    Eugene OG7F

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.