Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

CW pitch step needs to be smaller

Rich McCabe
Rich McCabe Member ✭✭✭
edited March 2018 in SmartSDR for Windows
The manual says "Clicking on the < or > buttons will decrease or increase the CW pitch frequency (tone) in 50 Hz increments"

50 hz is a pretty big step for CW pitch and the current adjustment goes a ridiculous amount that you would never need.  Why would you need a 4000 hz or 100hz pitch?

When I tweak the pitch I have to manually type it in as its usually 10 or 20. Normally, I would not have noticed this but running 3rd party applications where I click tune it does not always  get where I want and making an adjustment one time usually takes care of it for that application.

Is there any reason to have 50hz steps?

Comments

• Jim Osterling
    Jim Osterling Member ✭✭
    edited March 2018
    I haven't looked into changing tuning steps yet (only had the unit for a couple of days) but noticed it came set to 10 hz steps for cw.......

Jim
  • Jim K4JAF
    Jim K4JAF Member ✭✭
    edited March 2018
    It is 10 hz steps on the Pitch controls..  Where did you see this in the manual?  I did a quick search and did not find 50 Hz.
  • Rich McCabe
    Rich McCabe Member ✭✭✭
    edited March 2018
    Page 184 of the Smart SDR manual.

This is not the tuning steps, but the pitch adjustment in the CW panel.

The tuning steps are fine and you can go down to 1hz. But the pitch control jumps in 50hz increments.

Rich
  • Jim K4JAF
    Jim K4JAF Member ✭✭
    edited March 2018
    Strange, the software for non display models and the new stand alone M models would be different as pitch is controlled in 10 HZ steps on the M models in stand alone mode.. Perhaps Tim or someone else can give the answer...  
  • Rich McCabe
    Rich McCabe Member ✭✭✭
    edited March 2018
    I honestly don't remember adjusting the pitch control when I had my M radio so have no idea what stand along is on that.

I just know 50hz is a big jump on SSDR :)
  • Eric-KE5DTO
    Eric-KE5DTO Administrator, FlexRadio Employee admin
    edited March 2018
    I just confirmed that on SmartSDR for Windows, it uses 50 Hz steps when adjusting the CW Pitch.  It looks like we use 10 Hz on Maestro and on the M series.  

I have entered issue #6138 to address this.  Thanks for the input.
  • Tom    N5MOA
    Tom N5MOA Member ✭✭
    edited March 2018
    The arrows move it in 50Hz steps.

Putting the mouse cursor on it and scrolling the wheel moves it in 10Hz steps.

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.