Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

CW Paddle pluginTo FlexControl

W5UN_Dave
W5UN_Dave Member ✭✭
edited February 2019 in New Ideas
I just attempted some remote CW with my new SmartSDR 1.4 on my notebook computer. Being a CW operator almost exclusively (except EME), and being a very poor typist, I can say for sure what I need is (1) the Flex Control knob, and (2) a CW paddle plugin on it. I tries a few QSO's using CWX and it was poor performance on my part unless I'm sending five wpm (not acceptable during high speed contest). I've read all about the possible setups for using a paddle remotely, but they all seem to require cumbersome hardware to be lugged along to the remote site.

The knob, the paddle, that's all I need. Hey you third party gurus, what say?

Comments

• Bob K8RC
    Bob K8RC Member ✭✭✭
    edited February 2019
    I can tell you from personal experience that one of the hardest things to generate in a Windows environment is well-timed high speed Morse code; let alone an environment working this hard handling the radio display. I would also love for a "**** kid" to step up and show us how it's done.
  • W5UN_Dave
    W5UN_Dave Member ✭✭
    edited November 2016
    I know Bob, as I used to do this critical timing stuff in assembly language under DOS. Boy, those days (and mine) are OVER!

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.