Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

CW Configuration - Maestro

John - AF3K
John - AF3K Member ✭✭
After using my new Maestro for a few days I started getting a bit tangled up in all of the CW config options! (How was it that I enabled sidetone volume using Maestro when the key was plugged into the 6000? etc, etc.) Not complaining - choices are great to have. But I did compile a personal "CW Cheat Sheet" https://goo.gl/TbDgVL to help. Wondering if I have it right, and maybe even useful to someone else too -- so posting it here.image

Answers

• G4NRT
    G4NRT Member ✭✭
    edited January 2019
    Excellent. Looks like it'll be very useful with my Maestro (when I get it back from Germany!). David G4NRT
  • Jay -- N0FB
    Jay -- N0FB Member ✭✭
    edited December 2019
    Love this.  Great job John!
  • John - AF3K
    John - AF3K Member ✭✭
    edited August 2016
    Sorry to hear you are w/o your Maestro David! GL getting it back and on the air soon! 73 John
  • G4NRT
    G4NRT Member ✭✭
    edited December 2016
    Thanks John. It was collected by UPS today so I think it's likely to be weeks rather than days!! David G4NRT
  • John - AF3K
    John - AF3K Member ✭✭
    edited August 2016
    Jay -- Appreciate that. I was really amazed at how many permutations were there. Made me feel better about not being able to remember each one. 73 John
  • Kari Gustafsson SM0HRP
    Kari Gustafsson SM0HRP Member ✭✭
    edited July 2016
    Great!! Option B seem attractive with Maestro and N1MM CW- but where is the CW sidetone heard when working CW in N1MM? Not in the Maestro as I have experienced but in the 6X00 Audio output which makes CW via N1MM problematic with the Maestro? Am I missing something ? I am struggling to get this working b4 IARU contest this weekend.  
  • John - AF3K
    John - AF3K Member ✭✭
    edited August 2016
    Kari - I don't think you are missing anything. This issue is recognized in section 14.5 of the Maestro User Guide. It recommends that headphones and CW paddles be connected to the 6000 radio when Maestro is used in conjunction with a logger. It also says this limitation will likely be removed in a future release of the software. 73, John
  • k3Tim
    k3Tim Member ✭✭✭
    edited May 2020
    This is a handy table - excellent summary  - thanks for the doing this. I mainly use option B.

Shortcut hint:  When bringing up the Tx menu one can touch the "RF Pwr" on the screen and it has the same effect as pressing the Tx Knob.

k3Tim
  • John - AF3K
    John - AF3K Member ✭✭
    edited August 2016
    Tim, Awesome shortcut. Didn't know about that one! Updated the spreadsheet. Thanks. 73, John
  • W3PH
    W3PH Member ✭✭
    edited December 2016
    Thanks for this - should come in handy.  I'm a "Column C" guy myself.  
  • K1UO Larry
    K1UO Larry Member ✭✭✭
    edited December 2017

Thanks John,  excellent chart.  Printed out a copy already!

Much appreciated,

Larry  K1UO

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.