Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

CW and Amplifier problem

Enrique Rabczuk
Enrique Rabczuk Member ✭✭
My setup is Flex 6400 and IC PW1 amplifier:
My Flex is already configurnng the Profile for SSB,RTTY,WSJT-Xthese modes work very well. It was impossible to configure the CW mode. I can transmit once and the second time the amplifier goes into protection, this only happens with CW mode in any band.To check out the problems with the amplifier, configure as you did before purchasing the Flex setup was (IC 7600 and IC PW1 )and it work very well in all modes. Does anyone have an idea why only the CW disables the amplifier? The test was do with same antennas.Thanks for the help.

Answers

• Al Matthews
    Al Matthews Member ✭✭
    edited June 2020
    Try setting your tx delay for 20 or 30 ms
  • Enrique Rabczuk
    edited November 2018
    Hi Al.
    I made the suggested changes, but it´s still the same.
  • K3SF
    K3SF Member ✭✭✭
    edited March 2020
    my first guess is high swr... being detected in cw mode by the amp

see pw1 manual

or
    You may need to cut back on power out from the flex...

I would start out with 30 watts and slowly work up to 100 watts in 10 watt increments
    and see where the protection circuits kicks in.

Paul K3SF
  • Enrique Rabczuk
    edited November 2018
    Hi Paul,
    I try with different setting 5, 10, 30, 50 watts stiil same.
     Also I try with a dummy load and still same. This problem is only in CW mode. Other modes are very well example RTTY 500 watts or 1Kw, no problem, SSB 500 watts or more no problem.Thank.

Enrique, CP6UA
  • Brad
    Brad Member ✭✭
    edited November 2018
    When you do a new radio need to reset the ACL, as it will work without doing that , but maybe casueing something if not reset. I use a CT-17 level  and  the DTTUI- v3 software(this is use just for the PW-1), is working good.

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.