Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

Customize RX filters (right click & configure)

2»

Comments

• Jim K4JAF
    Jim K4JAF Member ✭✭
    edited February 2018
    I also would like programmable filter widths.  As far as toggling through all filter widths, you can mark your favorites and then toggling only sees these so maybe 3 or 4 (your choice) instead of 8.  
  • Rich McCabe
    Rich McCabe Member ✭✭✭
    edited February 2018
    Well I have a red face. LOL

Not only is that feature available, its exactly what I photo shopped.

OK, I better get the manual out again :)

Sorry for the waste of bandwidth.  And yes, I still want programmable filters.

Rich

• KC2QMA_John
    KC2QMA_John Member ✭✭
    edited July 2018

At this point I have giving up on waiting for new features in SSDR I just take them as they come. At the current pace that SSDR is being developed it may be 4 to 8 years before SSDR has a feature set including so many of these basic features.

Now don't get me wrong what FRS has achieved with SDR radio is nothing less than remarkable and what SSDR and the 6000 series does today it does very well. I like many of you know that the 6000 platform are the finest radios available today.

My hope now is after the dust settles with the launch of the new radios and amplifier that FRS puts a lot more resources into SSDR development.

• Rich McCabe
    Rich McCabe Member ✭✭✭
    edited February 2018
    I did find this in the manual but it was not easy. I have an edit suggestion for the manual.

I could only find a single reference on how to custom set the filters that are selectable via the knob under "HOW TO OPERATE SINGLE SIDEBAND MODE (SSB)" and did not see it under CW or any other mode.

It seems the most appropriate place to have this info (which is where I looked) is here.

Rich
  • Tim - W4TME
    Tim - W4TME Administrator, FlexRadio Employee admin
    edited February 2018
    I have forwarded this to our documentation team.  Thanks.
  • Tim - W4TME
    Tim - W4TME Administrator, FlexRadio Employee admin
    edited February 2018
    It will.
  • Rich McCabe
    Rich McCabe Member ✭✭✭
    edited February 2018
    I agree with all this John. I guess there are pros and cons to dealing with small company's.

I personally think Flex has the best thing going for HF radio. But, I doubt anyone will argue that some updates don't come as fast as we would like.

That said, I sure hope we don't lose the small company feel and support that we currently have if they grow large enough to handle the above mentioned updates.

It's often hard to have both. I am still bitter over large company treatment from Yaesu on a FT-980 in the mid 80s and have never bought another of their products since.

Rich
  • Gary Johnson
    Gary Johnson Member
    edited February 2018
    My feeling about Kenwood match yours about Yaesu, but I reserve real hatred for Microsoft.
  • Jim K4JAF
    Jim K4JAF Member ✭✭
    edited September 2018
    Will this feature ever be added to SSDR?  Surely we have waited long enough.  Flex needs to concentrate more on Basic Radio functions!
  • Johan / SE3X
    Johan / SE3X Member ✭✭
    edited October 2018
    Would like this feature .. add me to the list of supporters.
  • Joe N3HEE
    Joe N3HEE Member ✭✭
    edited February 2019
    I would like this feature also.  
  • Steve G1XOW
    Steve G1XOW Member ✭✭
    edited May 2020

me too. One of the reasons I downgraded to 2 x Flex 3000 was to get this important feature back.
  • K1UO Larry
    K1UO Larry Member ✭✭✭
    edited September 2018
    Added a vote to this idea..  dont know how it was missed 4 years ago!
  • K5XH
    K5XH Member ✭✭
    edited September 2018

Add me to this list also. I miss the ability to customize filters like I once could on my F5000.

73, Mark
  • Jim K4JAF
    Jim K4JAF Member ✭✭
    edited September 2018
    For such a popular addition to the Flex software, why is it taking so long (4 years)?
    Surely Flex can update software faster than this.......

• KF3F
    KF3F Member
    edited September 2018
    Definitely a feature I'd like to see... soon!

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.