Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

Custom Maestro Carrying Case

Bob G   W1GLV
Bob G W1GLV Member ✭✭
edited June 2020 in New Ideas
Will there be a custom carrying case for the Maestro?

Comments

• Bill  /  VA3QB
    Bill / VA3QB Member ✭✭
    edited August 2017
    There may not be but I'm going to get a Pelican style case....

Bill
    VA3QB
  • Takeshi Yamada
    Takeshi Yamada Member ✭✭
    edited August 2015
    Apart from the subject, but this blinks me an idea of "maestro glasses"!!
  • Walt - KZ1F
    Walt - KZ1F Member ✭✭
    edited June 2020
    I'm sure there will be a raft of follow-on merchandise, propeller hats, collanders, direction finder antennas, action figure dolls. Perhaps even a matching case, and graphic story books featuring Timothy and the gang. It still has upwards of four months before production.
  • Bob G   W1GLV
    Bob G W1GLV Member ✭✭
    edited December 2016
    Production show be going on now if these are scheduled for 4th quarter release.
  • Walt - KZ1F
    Walt - KZ1F Member ✭✭
    edited November 2016
    I meant before available for purchase. The 6000 series production line was not fully up and running when they started shipping them. I'd figure on last two weeks in Dec, and be pleasantly surprised if they hit the street in Oct.
    My question is, when will the "are they ready yet" questions going to start.
  • Steve K9ZW
    Steve K9ZW Member ✭✭✭
    edited March 2017

I'm thinking of putting together a Pelican-style case sized & fitted to hold a Flex-6300, power supply, Maestro, FlexControl, Desk Microphone, a small router, a Rigrunner-type power distribution panel and cables. 

Box "B"  case would hold coax, grounding straps/clamps/mini-rods, an antenna switch (manual) and a selection of my usual wire antennas.  Also spare bits and tools in this box.

Softpacks would carry my SteppIR CrankIR and its stand, or the ex-NATO HF conical I also sometimes use.  Eventually I could see putting the Softpacks into a larger gun-case shaped Pelican-Style Case for shipping, but those cases are heavier than I would care to lug about if the Softpacks can do the needed duty.

Steve K9ZW

• Stan VA7NF
    Stan VA7NF Member ✭✭✭
    edited February 2017
    The first case you describe is much like my "Gator Studio2Go" which has a 2U rack and a slot for a laptop(Maestro) with enough space for 10AH LiFePO4 battery, 5 port 12V Netgear switch  and much more.  A complete over the shoulder station pas antenna.
  • Corey/ KC0YNS
    Corey/ KC0YNS Member
    edited September 2015
    I'm going to order one of these, Looks like it would work well for the Maestro & a Logging Laptop..Thanks for the Tip!! 

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.