Creating my own persistence...

  • 5
  • Praise
  • Updated 5 years ago
Just thought I would share.... and it may give some ideas to other tinkerers until the API becomes available.

I play a little with WPF and also automation - so I decided to take a look at SmartSDR as it is a WPF client.

I have successfully created a little app that runs and waits for SmartSDR to fire up and go to 14.100mhz - it will then inject my Equalizer settings that I saved, the MIC settings and other options.

I did this with Snoop and TestStack / White.

http://snoopwpf.codeplex.com/
https://github.com/TestStack/White

Once I tidy it up a bit and give it an interface I will show it in more detail - but its a good interim for me until we get basic persistence.

Photo of Richard Clafton W4/G7EIX

Richard Clafton W4/G7EIX, Elmer

  • 455 Posts
  • 117 Reply Likes

Posted 5 years ago

  • 5
Photo of Steve K9ZW

Steve K9ZW, Elmer

  • 1278 Posts
  • 656 Reply Likes
Much appreciated as I have some other uses in mind.

Would also like to do sequenced start-up/shut-downs, so all ears for suggestions.

73

Steve
K9ZW
Photo of Steve - K5FR

Steve - K5FR

  • 65 Posts
  • 9 Reply Likes
Excellent Richard. Looking forward to seeing more on this.
Photo of Al

Al

  • 164 Posts
  • 9 Reply Likes
Keep us informed, great idea. Thanks Al N4AB
Photo of Richard Clafton W4/G7EIX

Richard Clafton W4/G7EIX, Elmer

  • 455 Posts
  • 117 Reply Likes
I have a working applet now that pulls all the selections for ALL the CheckBoxes and Buttons - just working on a way to delve into the Equalizer DataContext to pull those settings. Pity I have to work today - otherwise I would play a little more. There is always the weekend.
Photo of Richard Clafton W4/G7EIX

Richard Clafton W4/G7EIX, Elmer

  • 455 Posts
  • 117 Reply Likes
Well, I now have my own Persistence working. I'm not going to develop this much further though as it will hopefully be a moot point in the coming month and really not worth the effort.

Pulling the data was a bit of a chore as a lot of the WPF elements are not named (the EQ) and it required trolling through an index of sliders to pull the data - and this takes time (cpu cycles) and locks up the software for a second while TestStack trolls the elements.

It was a fun little project - but I'll wait for the API before I create something that others may find of use. For now...back to work!