Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

crash

Steve - M3SXA
Steve - M3SXA Member
edited February 2017 in FLEX-6000 Signature Series
Oh dear... was just quitting two TNF filters and this popped up...

Ok then I got this.....

And finally......

Hope photos help...
Running a win 7 32x computer
Flex Radio 6500

Comments

• Steve - M3SXA
    Steve - M3SXA Member
    edited March 2015
    Did anyone at flex see this I wonder or are you all still getting over Dayton? ;-)
  • Richard G7EIX
    Richard G7EIX Member ✭✭
    edited March 2015
    Is it reproducible ? Can you reproduce it on demand?   I tried creating and then removing two TNF's and don't seem to get an issue.   
  • Steve - M3SXA
    Steve - M3SXA Member
    edited February 2015
    Hi Richard, this was the first time I have ever had a crash, just thought I would post the error pages photo's as they say that helps in the hope it might mean something to flex in case somebody else has had this happen, it's only done it the once so no it's not reproducible but thanks for the reply
  • Richard G7EIX
    Richard G7EIX Member ✭✭
    edited March 2015

That's the beauty of coding, there are always going to be those bugs that are a pain to reproduce.  That fact that you got an unhandled exception suggests that there is indeed something within the code that needs a tweak - the problem is when it relies on many other factors to be able to get that exception to present itself.

There could be so many factors that are external to SmartSDR too, such as video drivers, and other OS level components that could have had an interaction too.

• Steve - M3SXA
    Steve - M3SXA Member
    edited February 2015
    Hi Richard well I know about 0% about programming ;-)
    Its on my old everyday computer, while this is on 24/7 compared to my normal 'radio computer which is a lot higher spec this saves switching that one on, all understood tnx's for the reply.
  • Eric-KE5DTO
    Eric-KE5DTO Administrator, FlexRadio Employee admin
    edited February 2017
    Steve,

Thanks for sharing this.  I can tell based on the pictures where the application had trouble, but not really why.  This gives us enough info to go look into it though.  I've entered this into our Bug tracking system.

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.