Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

CQ-WPX Flex 6500 intermittent no TX

M0GVZ
M0GVZ Member
edited July 2018 in SmartSDR for Windows
Version 1.4.3 of SmartSDR, keying radio via footswitch through mic socket. Running Windows 7 SP1, 8GB RAM, Intel Core i5 4690. Both radio and computer connected to the same router via Cat 6.

Several times during the contest I would press the footswitch, the radio would go into TX as normal RX audio would mute, the waterfall would stop, the panadapter would show the waveform of my spoken audio in realtime but there was no output. An external Diawa CN-801 confirmed no RF being transmitted.

Comments

• Doug Hall
    Doug Hall Member ✭✭
    edited February 2017
    Several times on my Flex-6300 running SmartSDR 1.4.3 and a very similar computer configuration I have seen this same anomaly. I don't remember if the panadapter was showing my modulation or not, but I do know that the radio was in TX. It hasn't happened very often and I can't reproduce it, but I have very definitely experienced this. My PTT switch goes to the rear panel.
    Doug K4DSP

• Mark N1KM
    Mark N1KM Member ✭✭
    edited January 2017
    I've seen this behavior a handful of times. At least for me, it existed with 1.3.8 as well.
  • Jon_KF2E
    Jon_KF2E Member ✭✭
    edited July 2018
    This has been going on for sometime and has been discussed in numerous threads. Here are links to two recent ones...

https://community.flexradio.com/flexradio/topics/ptt-audio-fail-once-in-a-while-still-a-problem-and-...

https://community.flexradio.com/flexradio/topics/flex-6300-locks-out-for-a-few-seconds

It has been acknowledged by Flex and is on the list to be corrected.

Jon...kf2e

• M0GVZ
    M0GVZ Member
    edited April 2015
    Hi Jon. The first sounds like it may be the same but it doesn't state if the poster is seeing the audio on the panadapter, the second is not the same problem. The radio goes into TX, is registering the audio as witnessed on the panadapter but is not outputting anything.

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.