Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

cpu fan error

N6OIL
N6OIL Member ✭✭
CPU fan error on turn on but after a few power cycles it will start up. This happen maybe 3 out of 10 times. Power supply output is good at 13.8vdc and I have plenty of amps to run the radio, 50 on tap. Running latest firmware and it was doing it with previous firmware. This is a new radio. I'll grab a photos of the OLED when it happens again. Any way to check the logs for this error? Thanks 

Comments

• Mack
    Mack Member ✭✭✭
    edited March 2019
    Log a trouble ticket. Mack W4AX Alpha Team
  • David
    David Member ✭✭
    edited March 2017
    You should open a support ticket on this. The radio may need to be returned for hardware repair.

https://helpdesk.flexradio.com/hc/en-us/requests/new
  • Tim - W4TME
    Tim - W4TME Administrator, FlexRadio Employee admin
    edited September 2018
    Everyone is correct.  The CPU fans need to be replaced.  To facilitate this, I have converted this topic to a support HelpDesk ticket (http://helpdesk.flexradio.com) for expedited issue resolution.  If anyone else is experiencing an issue similar to this one, please submit a HelpDesk support ticket for issue resolution.
  • Walt - KZ1F
    Walt - KZ1F Member ✭✭
    edited November 2016
    Tim, just as an adjunct question: Is there anything inside that chassis that is user maintainable? (or is most all of it SMT?), as the majority of us have past the warranty period. If the answer is no, well maybe if it even is yes, what are the shop rates? OK, yes, that was more than one.
  • Tim - W4TME
    edited December 2016
    There really isn't anything inside that is user serviceable.  The CPU fans are in a sealed RF cage.  For the 6700/6500, the GPSDO and for the 6300, the ATU are the only user installable items.

Our service bench rate is $99/hr with a 1 hr minimum.
  • N6OIL
    N6OIL Member ✭✭
    edited December 2016
    Does this mean the radio needs to go back for a simple fan replacement? Where I work we are a self servicing shop for HP and Apple computers and we have all the ESD items on hand. I have done my fair share CPU fans and graphics card fans. N6OIL
  • Tim - W4TME
    edited December 2016
    Rory - you have an open HelpDesk ticket now.  Please submit all your correspondence regarding this issue through the HelpDesk.  Thank you.
  • N6OIL
    N6OIL Member ✭✭
    edited December 2016
    Ok got it, thanks.
  • Walt - KZ1F
    Walt - KZ1F Member ✭✭
    edited November 2016
    Thanks Tim!
  • N6OIL
    N6OIL Member ✭✭
    edited September 2018
    Well gang, I got my radio back today after a visit to the Flex operating room and it works just great, no more fan fail warnings. Great work and the fast turnaround. Call this case closed. 73
  • Jay Nation
    Jay Nation Member ✭✭
    edited May 2019
    Rory
    Congratulations
    You've earned the SDRgadgets SmartHam award!!!
    Your the first user that's ever registered a user account on SDRgadgets that didn't require any Admin assistance.

Be Proud!image

73, Jay - NO5J
  • N6OIL
    N6OIL Member ✭✭
    edited December 2016
    Hey Jay, well it wasn't happy the first time and when I tried Facebook it gave me the middle finger (jk) I went back to the Gmail login and it worked. Now I just need browse the site. Thanks for the website.

• Jay Nation
    Jay Nation Member ✭✭
    edited August 2016
    Rory

Thanks for succeeding, now I know it's possible.
    I can't test it. The server knows me.

Google times out some times, it probably won't if your using Chrome for a browser. I like the convenience of  click here to login gadget, so I don't have to remember any additional account names and passwords. I can re-enable the ugly login fields if anyone feels it's necessary.

73, Jay - NO5J    

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.