Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

Could the remote power on get bumped up on the priority list by chance?

ctate243
ctate243 Member ✭✭
edited August 2019 in FLEX-6000 Signature Series
Starting integration of Signature at contest station that is 50 miles from my QTH..  Really really could use the remote power on function soon... Pretty please :):):)

Answers

• ctate243
    ctate243 Member ✭✭
    edited April 2017
    need to be able to turn the rig on and off so N6RO doesn't smoke rather prices SCU's..  much station automation work needed so would like to shut er down when not in use.
  • KY6LA_Howard
    KY6LA_Howard Member ✭✭✭
    edited January 2017
    Remote power on and off has worked for a long time now so I do not understand your question There us a remote power port on the 6000.
  • Jim Gilliam
    Jim Gilliam Member ✭✭
    edited September 2018

I think he is referring to an integrated on/off directly from the GUI of SDR that will software turn the radio on and off. Think Steve said this was not doable and that we are back to a stand-alone I/P relay remote function that has been beat to death on previous threads.

Jim, K6QE

• David
    David Member ✭✭
    edited March 2017
  • ctate243
    ctate243 Member ✭✭
    edited April 2017

Howard..  how do you power the flex on and off remotely?  I have been using a cable based solution to turn my K3's on remotely for years. the K3/0 can easily turn that rig on remotely. Less cables.. less clutter.    What is the official method for doing this?   

• Richard G7EIX
    Richard G7EIX Member ✭✭
    edited May 2015

This is a nice solution.  We use a couple of these at one of our datacenters.

http://www.synaccess-net.com/remote-power.php/1/54

Add one of these and you are cooking on gas!

http://www.roomieremote.com/store/legacy-products/itach-ip2cc.html

• Jim Gilliam
    Jim Gilliam Member ✭✭
    edited September 2018
    Enable remote in Radio setup; provide open/closure on the rear connector of SDR. Open off, closed on.
  • KD8TVB
    KD8TVB Member
    edited May 2015
    http://www.belkin.com/us/F7C043-Belkin/p/P-F7C043/

I have been using this for 6 months, awesome

• L.Kubis
    L.Kubis Member ✭✭
    edited August 2019
    Been using a Digital Logger IP Power Bar on my Remote stations for years. Never had a problem.

http://www.digital-loggers.com/lpc.html

For Remote ON/OFF just use a relay with a wallwart. Select from the DL program to activate.

Very simple!

• ctate243
    ctate243 Member ✭✭
    edited April 2017

Ok thanks everyone.  What I am reading is there wont or cant be an easy on off from SSDR panel over wan/lan remote, and by that it also includes the new control appliance, similar as can be done with a K3/0 to the K3.  No biggie.. if you all could see the cabling in a 50 year old contesting station you would understand the need to try and eliminate them.  FLex has done quite a good job helping with DAX TX/RX and N1MM integration, others have continued with DDUtil and SDR bridge.  This has nothing to do with being avert to building a simple cable, rather Tidiness and minimalizing cables overall and the Flex radio platform does this well so was hopeful a turnkey solution via software could do it with the Rem option enabled and the radio asleep.

I will whip something up to send 3.3v or less to the rem on RCA jack as specified in the hardware reference guide.  no big deal.   Thanks to all who chimed in with some pretty cool solutions for this. 

• ctate243
    ctate243 Member ✭✭
    edited April 2017

cables everywhere... :)

• KY6LA_Howard
    KY6LA_Howard Member ✭✭✭
    edited January 2017
    Chris. It's an open collector with a built in pull up. I just close the contacts to ground.
  • ctate243
    ctate243 Member ✭✭
    edited April 2017
    R.  Thanks Howard.  will build something..  Again just hopeful to get rid of one more piece of "wireless" (hi )  clutter.  And congrats on your award.
  • ctate243
    ctate243 Member ✭✭
    edited May 2016
    woah this thing is cool!
  • km9r.mike
    km9r.mike Member ✭✭
    edited May 2015
    I do not know how it will function and if it will be available via the internet but the maestro spec sheet lists a "rem on " feature but that appears to be via a wired connection between the maestro and the flex. Using the maestro remotely via the web w/ a pwr on/off capability would be neat.
  • Jim Gilliam
    Jim Gilliam Member ✭✭
    edited September 2018

It might be possible for the Maestro to send data to a remote I/P device to effect an on/off, but I don't think it will be able to talk to the 6000 directly to effect an on/off.

Jim, K6QE

• Wim
    Wim Member ✭✭
    edited February 2017
    I use Insteon products for remote control. The I/O link connects straight to the back of the Flex remote On RCA plug, and an insteon outlet controls the 110V going to the power supply.
    http://www.smarthome.com/i-o-linc-insteon-2450-low-voltage-contact-closure-interface-1-in-1-out.html

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.