Corrupt download / unable to update - Win10, SSDR 2.1.30

  • 1
  • Problem
  • Updated 10 months ago
  • Solved
Win10 x64 system, SSDR 2.0.19 previously installed and working with 6700.  Downloaded v2.1.30.

1st attempt - Tried to install from download file and received during file unpack a "source file is corrupted" warning when trying to unpack "C:\ProgramData\FlexRadio Systems\SmartSDR\Updates\Flex-6x00_v2.1.30.103.ssdr".  Aborted installation and retried with antivirus disabled and received same warning.

Deleted install file and re-downloaded

2nd attempt - Same warning during install.  Figured (incorrectly) that it was an SSDR program update that was being done after install and (I)gnored it and rest of install progressed fine.  Started SSDR and it came up fine.  Went to (U)pdate the radio and the update file was missing (above error message now made more sense). 

At this point I'm not dead in the water because my previous 2.0.19 version of SSDR still connects to the radio and works fine.

Any suggestions on how I can get the (radio) update file and finish the update to 2.1.30?

Cheers,
Rob - NR3O
Photo of Rob Salsgiver

Rob Salsgiver

  • 13 Posts
  • 4 Reply Likes

Posted 10 months ago

  • 1
Photo of Rob Salsgiver

Rob Salsgiver

  • 13 Posts
  • 4 Reply Likes
Official Response
SOLVED - Ironically all I had to do was look back to the last time I had almost exactly the same problem (sigh).  As Tim mentioned above, it worked fine when downloading to a different PC.  The other difference I've found is that the PC that has worked both times is directly connected to indoor WiFi/cable.  The PC(s) having the problems are out in the hamshack, where the WiFi signal has periodic TCP ping timeouts - not enough to drop the connection, but obviously enough to corrupt the download.  I never have a problem with email or web pages loading, or even doing file copies across that link, but this is now twice where my Flex downloads have been corrupted.  Downloading them in the house and manually copying them over that same link and installing in the shack works fine.  Downloading in the house to USB and then installing in the shack also works fine.

The other irony is that I installed 2.1.30 on the house PC with no problems, and the house PC updated the radio (in the shack across the lower quality link) just fine with no errors.