Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

Correct Power Setting for built in ATU

tomswango
tomswango Member
What is the optimal power output setting to the ATU when using the Flex 6500 built in ATU?

Answers

• Tim - W4TME
    Tim - W4TME Administrator, FlexRadio Employee admin
    edited May 2017
    SmartSDR sets the power level automatically when the ATU is tuning.
  • tomswango
    tomswango Member
    edited March 2016
    What does the "Tune Pwr::" control do then?
  • Mike
    Mike Member ✭✭
    edited March 2016
    Lets you control other tune functions. For instance when I am tweaking my Acom 2000 the tune level needs to be between 10 and 20w. Instead of changing the main power back and forth I can have tune power set to 17w and when I hit tune each time that what I get.
  • Alan - KA4B
    Alan - KA4B Member ✭✭
    edited March 2016
    If you haven't changed it, the tune power setting seems to be about 10 watts

• Tim - W4TME
    edited December 2016
    The TUNE Power control lets you set the power level when using the TUNE function to send a carrier for tuning an external amp or tuner.
  • Bill W2PKY
    Bill W2PKY Member ✭✭
    edited May 2017
    Will the received signals pass through the P.G. ATU back to the transceiver if it is active? My preference is to not have the ATU in the circuit while receiving. The reasoning behind this is the desire to have multiple slices across the HF spectrum active and receive unfiltered RF from the antenna.  My experience with the 6700 [on one of the antenna ports]  is if the ATU is active on 160 or 80M the higher frequencies are significantly attenuated.
  • Tim - W4TME
    edited May 2017
    Bill, I don't know the answer to this. I have sent an inquiry to Ranko
  • Bill W2PKY
    Bill W2PKY Member ✭✭
    edited May 2017
    Thanks Tim

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.