Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

Control Alfaspid and Ultrabeam remote Flex6400

Laurens PD9X
Laurens PD9X Member ✭✭

Hello all

Who has experiance with remote control an UltraBeam and a AlfaSpid rotor over internet?

The UltraBeam controller can be connected with CAT, but I’am not prefer to use a PC at radio side using VPN etc. I read it is possible to control in SmartSDR the USB connector output together with a relay card. This could be a solution for set preference directions from the AlfaSpid rotor. But to control the UltraBeam with this way…?

I read also the possibility from RemoteQTH using a Raspberry server, but for my applications maybe overkill..

Any ideas would be very welcome!

Laurens PD9X

Answers

• Steven WA8Y
    Steven WA8Y Member ✭✭
    edited September 2018
    PSTRotator works with AlphaSpid.
  • Kari Gustafsson SM0HRP
    Kari Gustafsson SM0HRP Member ✭✭
    edited January 2019
    Hi Laurent, why not do as you suggest. Take a USB to RS232 cable and connect between Flexradio and Ultrabeam controller and use CAT-mode. Should work fine. I controll a lot of devices this way. Or use controller at home and connect with SmartSDR Cat and USB-RS232 cable. Then use a RS232 to LAN converter at radio site. You may use a port combiner at home to tie virtual ports unless controller has a lan port. 73 Kari
  • Laurens PD9X
    Laurens PD9X Member ✭✭
    edited January 2019
    Hello Kari

Right now i am trying to connect with the Ultrabeam and SDRCAT. At radio site i connect a USBtoRS232 adapter between Flex6400 and UltaBeam controller.

At home i can see this controler at the tab USB cables. I choose in the AC-4 software Com5 and it is visible at SDRCAT menu (com5), so looks gooed.

Unfortunality the controler doesn't wake up, elements could not be changed. Below you will see a screenshot, what is going wrong?

• Kari Gustafsson SM0HRP
    edited September 2018
    Laurens, can you choose "radio modell" the AC4 software is using? If so try Kenwood if Flex is no option.
  • Laurens PD9X
    Laurens PD9X Member ✭✭
    edited January 2019

I’am using Windows 10. It looks like the software is not running good with 10.

I’ve got an error while clicking on “Config radio” in the RCU-01 software. I also tried the RCU-06 software, but this not compatible with my conroller
  • Kari Gustafsson SM0HRP
    edited September 2018
    Can you use a Win 7 compatibility mode?

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.