Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

Contest today.....

Beppe IK3VIG
Beppe IK3VIG Member
edited December 2017 in SmartSDR for Windows
Hi, playing with 6700 and final test for the S-meter (avilable very soon). 73 Beppe ik3vig woodboxradio

Comments

• paul
    paul Member
    edited November 2013
    looks very nice! paul.
  • K1UO Larry
    K1UO Larry Member ✭✭✭
    edited December 2017
    Hi Beppe, I set my 6700 up with 3 Panadapters and 3 slices open but the third Panadapter was always WIDE (No BPF) activated. I see your screen shot shows Panadapters & RX Slices 3 and 4 as WIDE also. Is this normal? Cant all the Panadapters have the BPF active? My receivers were set for 160K spread on 20,15 and 10 (10M being the 3rd Panadapter open) and nothing I tried would activate the BPF on 10M.
  • Beppe IK3VIG
    Beppe IK3VIG Member
    edited November 2013
    Larry, it is normal, the SCUs, when tuned in two different bands, bypass the BPF for the second band active. In my example the first two bands (40 and 20M) uses the two SCUs first, the other two bands (15 and 10) are secondary bands of each SCU and are not using BPF. 73 Beppe ik3vig
  • K1UO Larry
    K1UO Larry Member ✭✭✭
    edited December 2017
    QSL Beppe... learning more all the time here! regards Larry K1UO
  • K1UO Larry
    K1UO Larry Member ✭✭✭
    edited December 2016
    Hmmmm... left radio room for 3 hrs and was upstair watching movie..went back to Shack and 6700 was off and so was SSDR??? restarted everything as described above and now all three Panadapters have the BPF(s) engaged... which is what I expected to see in the first instance of firing up the SSDR program.
  • Greg
    Greg Member ✭✭
    edited December 2017
    One problem here is that the bandpass filters engage, or not, based on the frequency span in the panadapter and NOT where the slice(s) are tuned. This effects what you are listening to in the slice even though you are tuned in the band. So if you widen the display on 20M and just happen to have something showing around 13.8MHz and one slice open on 14.020 you may notice the WIDE is now showing indicating the BP filter is off, even though you are tuned to where you may need the bandpass filter. This is a major shortcoming and really should be corrected. Note that I am at work now and not in front of the radio...those frequencies are just picked for demonstration purposes only to make the point. I have alse had one slice open and the panadapter showing just frequencies in the ham band and still the filter was off. I don't recall the specifics of which band and range of frequencies. 73 Greg AB7R
  • K1UO Larry
    K1UO Larry Member ✭✭✭
    edited December 2016
    Hi Greg, as a followup.... all of the Panadapters were set for 160KC band spread...I.E. 1400 - 14.160; 21.000-21160; and 28.000-28.160. as originally described. The first time I turned the radio on the 3rd Panadapter was WIDE and nothing I did would change it. The next time I turned the radio on all 3 Panadapters had the BPF engaged. Cant complain about the difference too much as I dont know what exactly is causing the differences. I thought by moving the actual bandspread as it originally came up when I opened the Panadapter to a bandspread entirely within the Ham Band would engage the BPF but it did not.
  • Greg
    Greg Member ✭✭
    edited November 2013
    Remember, it is one filter set for each band (I think) for each SCU. If you are using a 6700 and Slice A is on Pan1 using ANT1 you should not see wide (unless the panadapter is set too wide since that is what turns it on or off). If you open another slice on the same pan you are now likely outside the range of frequencies for the one filter for that SCU and thus you see WIDE. If you open the second slice on a new pan using ANT2 (SCU2) you should not see wide....so now you should have two slices/panadapters using the two SCUs. Open a third on yet a different band using ANT1 then you should see WIDE here and on the other slice using ANT1. Open a 4th using ANT2 then both slices using ANT2 will show as wide. Once multiple slices use the same SCU (ANT1 or 2) and are outside the freq range for a single BPF then no bandpass filter is engaged and the display shows WIDE. The fact that this changed apparently with no input or changes from you is probably a glitch somewhere. How did you do in the contest? I did my first Multi/1 with K6KR at his place using a K3. His tower has a 40M Moxon at the top, a 5el OWL on 20 below it. Both on the same rotor. Below that is a 15M OWL on a Tic Ring and the a 10M OWL below that on its own Tic Ring. The two lower rotors are not hooked up yet so we had no beam steering on 10 and 15 which really cut into the scoring. His Hytower doesn't have any radials yet either...so not much on 80M. But we managed 1505 Qs and almost 2.4 mil points doing mostly S&P. 40M was great!! 73 Greg AB7R

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.