Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

Contest workflow

Bill W2PKY
Bill W2PKY Member ✭✭
edited December 2018 in New Ideas
Control over user configurable attributers when moving between VFOs ; Would like to be able to control the TX ICON and speaker [maybe more] when clicking on a VFO flag. During the ARRL VHF contest I set my 6700 up with slices in certain areas of 6M; For example a slice for CW with one VFO assigned then a second slice for SSB with three VFOs at the popular frequencies and the the remainding slices and VFOs for digital. So if I see a SSB station on or near a VFO would like to click on that VFO and the TX ICON would become active along with the speaker for that flag. So maybe a list of configurabel attributes could be set up when a VFO flag is clicked. That way the user could decide what attributes are changed when a flag is clicked.

Comments

• ctate243
    ctate243 Member ✭✭
    edited April 2017
    Hi Bill, I am trying to understand this request a bit better, what are you using as a contest logger for the vhf contest?
  • Mike
    Mike Member
    edited June 2016
    Bill: I've made a suggestion before which rendered no comment, but your situation seems to ask for it. I suggested that (especially for the 6700) that FLEX take the approach that major public safety console manufacturers use (like Zetron), and that is to have selected and unselected audio. If your right speaker is the selected audio, whichever slice is selected to transmit, audio comes out of the right, all the rest come out of the left. Select another slice to transmit, that audio comes out of the right, the rest come out the left. With my 6300, its no big deal, but with a 6700 and multiple slices, I know I'd transmit somewhere I didn't want to!. --Mike, WV2ZOW
  • Bill W2PKY
    Bill W2PKY Member ✭✭
    edited March 2017
    Hello Mike-

Yes, I have transmitted on the wrong VFO. But in the interest of simplicity would be nice if a click on a VFO connected the FlexControl, Turned on TX and the speaker for that VFO.
  • Mike
    Mike Member
    edited June 2016
    Yes, Bill. What you are looking for would be handy, and can be set up with the selected/unselected audio setup. FLEX has it set up with separate audio for each slice whereas my suggestion has separate audio for each speaker. Channel you select to transmit comes out of one speaker, all the others come out of the other. Either way will give you what you are looking for, but multiple slices each with its own audio is asking for trouble (for me at least). And, Bill -- the VHF contest isn't over yet!--73, Mike, WV2ZOW
  • Bill W2PKY
    Bill W2PKY Member ✭✭
    edited March 2017
    Have worked everyone I can hear
  • DrTeeth
    DrTeeth Member ✭✭
    edited December 2018
    You contesters have had your turn already, hi hi!

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.