Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

Connection to Maestro Server lost...updating with poor Internet

Steve K9ZW
Steve K9ZW Member ✭✭✭
edited June 2020 in SmartSDR for Windows
image Finished both remote island Maestro/Flex-6000 updates to 1.9.9.20 The W9EVT update of his Maestro and Flex-6300 was easily accomplished by patching the router in use to another network with Internet access. A fifty-foot Ethernet cable did the trick. My island QTH Maestro and Flex-6700 ended up a more complex process as the Island's DSL based Internet commenced acting up. The process stalled and/or failed several times, an example above in the picture of the loss of Maestro Server connection though Internet was accessible and similar glitches. It wasn't possible to keep everything solid long enough to update the radio, so that portion was done from the shack computer after six tries to download the 1.9.9 installer a full download was achieved. Now updated the station is all on 1.9.9.20 and all parts seem happy! A couple thoughts - down the road could one Maestro "seed" another Maestro/Radio ? Could a locally presented pre-downloaded update file be simply verified by the Maestro server to minimize the connectivity and data load when actually out at the remote site? Suggestions aside the installers are robust enough to work through bad conditions and everything worked in the end. Thank you, 73 Steve K9ZW

Comments

• ctate243
    ctate243 Member ✭✭
    edited April 2017
    I can see a number of reasons why it would be good to have

1.  a maestro to update another maestro on a LAN..
    2.  SSDR to have the ability to send a package to maestro to update it.

I think one or both are valid feature requests.

Chris
    N6WM
  • W9OY
    W9OY Member ✭✭
    edited September 2016
    How about download to a usb drive and update from that?
  • Ken - NM9P
    Ken - NM9P Member ✭✭✭
    edited June 2020
    How about having the ability to update the firmware just by putting a USB Thumb Drive with the appropriate master files into the rig's USB port?  I don't know if that is even technically possible, but it would solve the "I don't have any internet at the shack but want to upgrade" problems.
  • Kevin
    Kevin Member
    edited July 2019
    That's how the "Infotainment" computer/GPS is updated on my motorcycle. Download an ISO file from the vendor to a thumb drive and plug it into the bike. Bike recognizes the ISO and updates the computer.
  • ctate243
    ctate243 Member ✭✭
    edited September 2016
    Well, the USB part of that is moot.. if you take a maestro, look it over head to toe, then tell me if you can find a USB port. If you do, let me know ;-).

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.