Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

connection loss when changing bands

Options
K5ROX
K5ROX Member ✭✭
edited March 2020 in FLEX-6000 Signature Series
Having connection problems, Changing bands causes the problem about half the time, transmitting sometimes also causes it and then just at random.

Connection signal will go down to 1 yellow bar then slowly come back up, Changing band from tab on left side of screen will cause it about 50% of the time,i hear clicks but there no power output.

Running Win 7, tried many different Ethernet cables including supplied one, also direct connect or go thru my router seems to make no difference

Comments

• Bill Roberts
    Bill Roberts Member ✭✭
    edited July 2018
    Options
    Can't explain the changing bands part but I have experienced fluctuations in the network quality meter in the lower right corner of the screen.  I would check the status of your network card under Device Manager then Properties.  Make sure that everything is set for maximum performance  For example, make sure that any "green" or "power saving" mode is disabled.  My experience is that occasionally during operating system updates, Microsoft resets power management on various PC subsystems to "green" values.  That produces network quality problems on my Flex 6300.
  • Lionel
    Lionel Member ✭✭✭
    edited March 2020
    Options
    I'll confirm W10 changes ethernet card to power save.  So, I change it back to always on, and sure enough, after some time it changes back to "green".  It seems random.  This W10 on a desktop with direct connect to 6400. .

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.