Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

connecting MicroHam StationMaster with flex6x00

ik2egl
ik2egl Member ✭✭
has anybody using flex6x00 and MicroHam StationMaster ? I use MicroHam StationMaster as antenna matrix configurator and I need to keep it alive. but the USB Device router sw (the Microham sw) has its own virtual port driver and I do not know if they are compatible with DDUTIL or smartcat driver

Answers

• Greg
    Greg Member ✭✭
    edited July 2016
    Router has caused me problems. But what I did was to configure the SM on another computer and did not use any micro ham com ports for anything. I built a cable to connect from the SM cat input to a USB>serial interface and then set DDUtil to that com port in one of its repeater options....the SM is picking up the freq info fine and managing my quadra and antenna switch just fine. Greg
  • Neal_K3NC
    Neal_K3NC Member ✭✭
    edited July 2016
    I do not use the ports coming out of the SM, just input. I use SDR CAT for ports from the radio to other programs.
  • ik2egl
    ik2egl Member ✭✭
    edited July 2016
    Neal
    can you give me some more details on your configuration ?
    I understand that the MICROHAM usb device router virtual port should not be used.
    1) did you delete them also from the system or jjust delete them in usb device router ?
    2) after that you associated a (Physical o Virutal) com port to SM (let say COM1), did you connect the COM1 to SDR CAT ? did you put COM1 in the "CONNECT THIRDY PARTY PROGRAM PORT (intead of proposed com4) ?
    3) or did you set up a SHARED PORT and use DDUTIL to propagate the cat from SDRCAT ?

tnx for you time
    don ik2egl

• ik2egl
    ik2egl Member ✭✭
    edited July 2016
    tnx Greg
    I see that you use a Physical COM (mapped from a USB port) and DDUTIL
    lets do example
    SM com8 (physical)
    DDUtil RCP Radio CAT Com5 <--> Com8 
    SMARTCAT , SHARED com8-18)

do you confirm ?
    tns
    don
    ik2egl

• Greg
    Greg Member ✭✭
    edited February 2014
    Hi Don.  Not quite correct.
    SM COM# (COM8 in your case...physical)
    DDUtil repeater 1 on OTHER tab check StationMaster and select the port as COM8 and enable

Thats all there is to it.

Assuming you already have your antenna matrix set up and what the radio being connected to the CAT port is for the station master you do not need to run the MH Router software while operating...only for initial setup of the SM.  Router can cause conflicts with other virtual com ports used such as VSPM or the Flex Com ports.

Greg

• ik2egl
    ik2egl Member ✭✭
    edited July 2016
    Hi Greg, more clear now, really  tnx
    Will try on sunday when I will install ance configure flex in my station
    don
  • ik2egl
    ik2egl Member ✭✭
    edited July 2016
    Greg I confirm that the configuration you suggest is the Right one
    tnx
    don

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.