Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

Connected my 2MLDPA and now all panadapters switch to the 2 meter band when it is selected

Ryan - NC4RA
Ryan - NC4RA Member ✭✭
I have a brand new 2MLDPA, Flex 6700 and running SSDR 2.1.33.

I have configured the usb cable to LDPA 2m

With only one panadapter running everything seems to function fine. The 2MLDPA will power on when I switch to the 2 meter band and the xmit light will light when I transmit. The 2MLDPA will power down when I change to a different band.  I can control the internal preamp perfectly.

When I have more than one panadapters running and I change the band of any of the open panadapters to 2 meters, they all switch to the 2 meter band.
Then if I change the band from 2 meters on any of the panadapters they all follow to that new band as well (no matter which band I choose). If I change the band for a third time then only that panadapter changes band unless I choose the 2 meter band, in which they all change to 2 meters and the loop continues.

I also have the same experience when using the iOS app.

I have also completely removed the 2MLDPA and still have the same experience when ever I choose the 2 meter band.

I have rebooted computer and flex several times, with and without 2MLDPA.

I have even loaded SSDR 2.1.32 into the flex 6700 and still have the same experience.  I don't think I've ever changed to the 2 meter band previously, so I'm not sure if there is a problem with my 6700, the 2MLDPA or I'm missing a setting.

Thank you for any advice

Ryan, NC4RA

Comments

• KF4HR
    KF4HR Member ✭✭
    edited April 2018
    Ryan - I seem to remember reading Flex is aware of an issue with the 2M band switching on the Flex 6700.  I have the same issue with mine.  Definitely frustrating.  With every software upgrade I'm hoping to see this issue resolved, but nothing so far.  

I wanted to add that with the V1.x software I was able to get a 2M slice operational with other HF slices being operational by playing with the Band button in each slice until things stuck, but I can no longer do that with the V2.x software.

I'm hoping FRS weighs in on this thread and offers a solution of some sort.
  • Ryan - NC4RA
    Ryan - NC4RA Member ✭✭
    edited April 2018
    Thank you for the quick reply. I’ll connect it all back together and run with it!
  • Ria
    Ria Member ✭✭✭
    edited November 2019
    I think because 2m uses the 2nd nyquist it has to be that way if they are on the same SCU. 
  • KF4HR
    KF4HR Member ✭✭
    edited April 2018
    Ria if you're correct that means the 6700 can either be used as a 160M thru 6M transceiver with 8 slices, OR a 2M transceiver, not both at the same time.  This sure doesn't go over well for those wishing to use 2M and 10M as an IF to drive a Transverter (at the same time).

But as I mentioned above, I do seem to remember getting 2M and HF Slices working at the same time with V1.x software, so I'm not sure what happened.
  • W2PP
    W2PP Member ✭✭
    edited April 2018
    UGH OH, I just ordered all this stuff from DEMI and Q5 Signal today, are you guys sure you can't run 10 meters and 2 meters????? That is a major problem for satellite work.....I'd hoped to retire my ICOM  now I had better hold on....man I'm bummed.
    Peter
    W2PP
  • W2PP
    W2PP Member ✭✭
    edited April 2018
    Oh great, I have this same behavior here too...good grief.  I'm going to put in for a support ticket. 
  • W2PP
    W2PP Member ✭✭
    edited April 2018
    Hey wait, there IS A WORK AROUND.  This error has something to do with ant 2.
    SOOO here's how I just got it to work.

Setup slice A and B as usual
    Setup Slice A to xvrtr for the antenna for xmit, and rx A or B for receive
    TYPE in the frequency of 144.85 and it goes there but does NOT **** up slice B
    do NOT use ANT 1 or 2 as then everybody goes to 2 meter!!!

While noodling with this, if I change to ant 1 or 2 in A slice, on 2 m, it takes everyone to 2 meter.

So, it it possible to work it, its just not smooth.

HTH
    Peter
  • W2PP
    W2PP Member ✭✭
    edited April 2018
    Tim just got back to me and confirmed my solution is correct, this is the appropriate procedure.
    Peter

• WX7Y
    WX7Y Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2020
    6700 has 2 SCU's put the 2Meters on Slice E and the HF on Slice's A through D at least that is how I set mine  up, Save to a Global  Bring up a second slice and select up a second slice and set to the 2M band with the proper settings, Manually change the Frequency on Slice A , Setup the Antenna on the HF Slices to your HF  Band and Antenna, setup the 2 Meter Slice and  Antenna to the Transverter and when you get both bands setup the way you want them now you'll need to save to a new HF / VHF Global Profile.
    Now you can load up YOUR Global  Profile for HF Only or to run HF/VHF on two Slices select up that profile.

At least that is how I set mine  up and works fine.
    Your mileage may very

Bret
    WX7Y

• k0eoo
    k0eoo Member ✭✭
    edited April 2018
    Wait a minute I thought Ria said you can dedicate one SCU to 2m and the other SCU to 160-6m??  So you can use on all bands or did I miss something?  
  • W2PP
    W2PP Member ✭✭
    edited April 2018
    No you didn't.  They must be on two different SCU's.  This is simply how you get there.
    Peter

• KF4HR
    KF4HR Member ✭✭
    edited April 2018
    Thanks Peter, your method did work.  And you're right, it's definitely not a smooth alternative.  But once set up, saving it off as a Profile helps return to 2M without all the craziness.

Since this method works it would be nice if FRS could re-work the software so when the 2M band is selected ANT2 and XVTR ports are automatically selected.  Or at least make some mention of this work-around in the manual.
  • Ria
    Ria Member ✭✭✭
    edited April 2018
    Ria if you're correct that means the 6700 can either be used as a 160M thru 6M transceiver with 8 slices, OR a 2M transceiver, not both at the same time.  This sure doesn't go over well for those wishing to use 2M and 10M as an IF to drive a Transverter (at the same time).
    I just tested this. You can have one SCU on VHF and one on HF.

Open two panadapters and slices
    Set both slices to HF, any band (or LF, or 6 meters)
    Set the antennas in one slice to XVTR
    Change the band in that slice to 2 meters
    Other slice will remain on HF

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.