Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

Congratulations on the 6300

Ken W9IE
Ken W9IE Member ✭✭
edited June 2020 in FLEX-6000 Signature Series
Good Job FLEX...

Soon Everyone will be able to have a 6000 Series...

Comments

• Steve Walker
    Steve Walker Member
    edited September 2016
    Yes, a winner for me, now to see what price the murderous UK dealers want for it ... might be worth a ticket to Radioworld in CA ... and a big carry on bag!

Again congrats to Flex on the 6300, looks superb

73 Steve
  • James Nelson
    James Nelson Member ✭✭
    edited June 2017
    Sure is a winner, we have all been waiting to see a lower end DDC/SmartSDR rig as its time to ramp up production, get bums on seats & help buyers avoid lookalike temptation hardware clones that use pc based software. Many here purchased hardware on price alone forgetting the SOFTWARE with the 6000 series is processed in the radio and that the SOFTWARE is designed by the people that MADE the radio and NOT simply 3rd party pc based software resulting in many disappointments for their 1st foray into the SDR world. Hopefully the 6300 will lead them into the fold and return the ones that have left due to the higher end 6000 series price tag. Congratulations Flex, good business move, good customer moral move, good industry move so everyones a winner ! 73' James VK2JN
  • W9OY
    W9OY Member ✭✭
    edited May 2014
    This radio is destined to become the F-150 of ham radio!
  • Paul Christensen, W9AC
    Paul Christensen, W9AC Member ✭✭
    edited February 2017

"Congratulations Flex, good business move, good customer moral move, good industry move so everyones a winner !"

Agree 100% with VK2JN.  Great job with performance, features, pricing -- and ready for immediate shipment. 

Paul, W9AC

• Tim - W4TME
    Tim - W4TME Administrator, FlexRadio Employee admin
    edited December 2016
    ...and get ready for Dayton and build a new web site.  It has been a busy 6 months.
  • Dave - WB5NHL
    Dave - WB5NHL Member ✭✭
    edited December 2014
    I think this will be a BIG seller for you, should be a big crowd at your Dayton booth. You guys will probably have writer's cramp from the orders.
  • Ernest - W4EG
    Ernest - W4EG Member ✭✭
    edited January 2015

Since I sold all my of Flex radios last year. I was at the brink of buying then back for my second station and mobile use.

I was at the brink of buying an old F3 or F1.5.  However, now that you came out with the new F6.3, there is no doubt what I will be buying.

Thank you!

• Ken - NM9P
    Ken - NM9P Member ✭✭✭
    edited December 2016
    And so it begins!
  • James Kirk
    James Kirk Member
    edited May 2014
    The captain approves!
  • Peter Driessen
    edited March 2017
    Is there a table that compares the specs and performance of the 63,65 and 67?
  • Tim - W4TME
    edited December 2016
    Yes.  The FLEX-6000 Family Product Datasheet
    http://www.flexradio.com/files/flex-6000-family-datasheet-pdf/
  • Steve Walker
    Steve Walker Member
    edited September 2016
    In fact my reply should be here.

Mine is ordered!
     Looking forward to my new baby coming for the shack! I guess they will be on a plane across the Atlantic soon ...

Bring on the FlexDX!

73 Steve
  • Phil Covington
    edited March 2017
    Placed my order this morning, couldn't wait 'till Dayton.  Nice radio, nice price point.

Phil N8VB
  • Tim - W4TME
    edited December 2016
    Welcome aboard, Phil.
  • James Kirk
    James Kirk Member
    edited May 2014
    Now that is an endorsement!
  • Phil Covington
    edited May 2014
    Thanks Tim.  I am really looking forward to trying out SmartSDR, the latest release looks great.
  • Burch Akin
    Burch Akin Member ✭✭
    edited May 2014
    Very good move for Flex Radio.  I have been wanting a 6500 but just couldn't justify the cost.  The functionality of the 6300 looks perfect for my hamming needs.  Ordered one yesterday.  It will look nice next to my 5000a.
  • James Nelson
    James Nelson Member ✭✭
    edited June 2017
    Gee, thats good news Birch, your gonna be a happy with that puppy. The good vibrations seeing an affordable entry to SmartSDR technology is fantastic. Congrats !
  • Steve - W1TAV
    Steve - W1TAV Member ✭✭
    edited December 2014
    Tim and all at Flex! Thank you for your efforts on the behalf of the Amateur community. I had my order in on Friday for the 6300 less then 10 minutes of learning of its availability.  Having started with a 1500, I have been waiting to upgrade, however I could not justify the cost of the 6500 let alone the 6700 and had no interest in any rig needing a Firewire, The 6300 looks to be a winner! .
  • Richard McClelland, AA5S
    Richard McClelland, AA5S Member ✭✭
    edited June 2020
    I imagine that this Flex 6300 impacts Flex 3000 sales to the point that manufacturing and support for the 3k could be dropped.  I'm not complaining about this. My point in this observation is that all that's missing now is a 10 watt Flex 6100 then all the Power SDR  based hardware could be phased out.   Are there any other product announcements hiding in the Flex bag of tricks?   I don't expect an answer via this forum but I'll be patiently waiting to see what happens next.

Rick
  • Ken - NM9P
    Ken - NM9P Member ✭✭✭
    edited December 2016
    I am not sure that this will happen in the near future, because the 3000, at $1750 (US) is $1000 cheaper than the 6300 with ATU.  That is still a pretty large jump in the price point.    At +/- $1700 the 3000 is still one of the best values in modern Ham rigs with excellent performance.  

I do agree that it would be nice to have a 6100 with perhaps two slices, a 2-4 Mhz wide panadapter. and 5-10 watts output.  If they could get this done for under $1000 they would sell a bunch, especially if it had transverter outputs....

• Richard McClelland, AA5S
    Richard McClelland, AA5S Member ✭✭
    edited January 2015
    Let's go for as much of the functionality as the 6300 as possible except for 10 watts output.  $1200 - $1600 price point would still work since we're focusing more on performance than with the 1500. 

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.