Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

Configuration on MacBook Pro with Parallel Desktop

iz7auh
iz7auh Member ✭✭
edited February 2018 in SmartSDR for Windows
Hi,
I am on holidays house, I have a MacBook Pro with Parallel Desktop, but I have a problem Flexradio, I using WiFi connection to Internet I attach my flex on Ethernet port, but Parallel Desktop not "see" a IP of Flexradio.
I need a good configuration for use Flexradio direct connect to my MBP and Wifi connection for internet.

Answers

• Stan VA7NF
    Stan VA7NF Member ✭✭✭
    edited February 2017
    Both the radio and SSDR must be on the same sub-net.  I'm guessing your WiFi and radio are on different sub-nets.
  • DK1EY
    DK1EY Member ✭✭
    edited December 2015
    Frank,

I guess this wil fix your issue:

Parallels & SmartSDR

VY 73
    Thomas
    DK1EY
  • iz7auh
    iz7auh Member ✭✭
    edited February 2018
    I try but no chance, best solution  for me at moment is Ethernet Bridge, but on Win7 no internet connection available :-( 

My flex is connect direct to LAN on my MBP as DHCP mode and assign automatic a IP 169.254. 230.22 SubMask 255.255.0.0 no router assign

on Win7 I have only local connection , Flex have IP 169.254.8.60 and a Virtual LAN card on Win7 have 169.254.240.60 SubMask 255.255.0.0

Please I've me an help tnx and 73

IZ7AUH 
  • DK1EY
    DK1EY Member ✭✭
    edited December 2015
    You tried this one, as K6OZY described it?
  • iz7auh
    iz7auh Member ✭✭
    edited September 2014
    yes i tried... but no work.... please tell me a ip setting from OS X and Parallel Desktop
  • iz7auh
    iz7auh Member ✭✭
    edited September 2014
    yes i tried... but no work.... please tell me a ip setting from OS X and Parallel Desktop
  • iz7auh
    iz7auh Member ✭✭
    edited September 2014
    yes i tried... but no work.... please looking my screenshot of my full settings.

• DK1EY
    DK1EY Member ✭✭
    edited December 2015
    Did you connect th eflex via ethernet cable with your Mac?
  • iz7auh
    iz7auh Member ✭✭
    edited September 2014
    Yes i connect directly with ethernet cable to my MBP
  • DK1EY
    DK1EY Member ✭✭
    edited December 2015
    That worked for me. I have to try it, when I am at home tonight and will come back to you as soon as I could figure it out.
  • Mark_W3II
    Mark_W3II Member ✭✭✭
    edited September 2014
    I use VMWare with two network adapters. One configured to WiFi with the other configured to Ethernet. This work perfectly for me, I have internet via WiFi and my Flex 6500 via the ethernet direct connection.  73
  • iz7auh
    iz7auh Member ✭✭
    edited September 2014
    I have VMWARE Fusion, and I have same problem, do you can send me a exactly configuration on Network tab of OSX, VMWare network configuration and Windows 7 configuration too.

Best 73 auh

• DK1EY
    DK1EY Member ✭✭
    edited December 2015
    Hi Frank,

I tried it at home with Parallels Desktop and it worked as described. Sorry that I cannot help you.

VY73
    Tom
    DK1EY
  • Mark_W3II
    Mark_W3II Member ✭✭✭
    edited September 2014
    Frank,

No changes to OSX configuration necessary.
    Ethernet cable connected from Flex to OSX computer
    OSX WiFi connected to my local WiFi network.

VMWare Fusion Screen shots:
    In the VM configure a second network adapter
    In the VM configuration this is 1st network adapter setting
    In the VM configuration 2nd network adapter setting
    Let me know if you have other questions.

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.