Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

Config problem! No CAT function on second slice in SO2V mode

Bernd DL9YAJ
Bernd DL9YAJ Member ✭✭
edited September 2019 in FLEX-6000 Signature Series
Use an Flex 6400 with SSDR 2.5.1.130.
Want to setup first time my radio for the coming CQWW RTTY in SO2V mode. Configured 2 slices both with digital interfaces and also both with MMTTY an 2Tone as decoder. Receving and transmitting works on both slices. But on the second slice (VFO B) i am not able to work with CAT. So i cannot see frequency from the second slice and also no frequence in the bandmap from the second slice. Tried several times , remove, add and edit a CAT-port, nothing happens. No frequnece from the radio slice 2.
Any idea?
best 73s Bernd, DL9YAJ

Comments

• Mack
    Mack Member ✭✭✭
    edited September 2019
    This may be helpful https://community.flexradio.com/flexradio/topics/rtty-so2r-guide-n1mm 73, Mack W4AX Alpha Team
  • Bernd DL9YAJ
    Bernd DL9YAJ Member ✭✭
    edited September 2019
    Thank you Mack for response.
    I tried the configuration which is explaned there but FDX and OTRSP works only with Flex 6600 and 6700 in SO2R Mode. It must be an other solution i think!
  • Henning - DL6DH
    Henning - DL6DH Member ✭✭
    edited September 2019
    Hi Bernd, please keep in mind, that you do not habe a VFO B. You have one CAT port per Slice, that means, Slice Bs CAT is again VFO A... Lets say VFOA1 and VFOA2. I do not know which logging program you are using. I am using Win-Test and DXLog. For both, you have to setup the logger to use two radios, using a different cat port per slice and one OTRSP slot. I own only a 6500er with a single SCU. I tried also N1MM, but it blocks the two slices on the same band so you cannot simply click spots in the bandmap on the same band... On the other hand, you do not need any interlocks with a single SCU radio, you cannot accidentally transmit on two band simultaneously... If you like, drop me a mail on my qrz.com mail with your phone number and I can give you a call tomorrow. 73 Henning
  • Bernd DL9YAJ
    Bernd DL9YAJ Member ✭✭
    edited September 2019
    Testing around!
    When i activate SO2R in the N1MM configer the CAT will work as wished! So the SDR-CAT will work it must be a configuration problem with N1MM i think.
    Hope for some more response
  • Bernd DL9YAJ
    Bernd DL9YAJ Member ✭✭
    edited September 2019
    DL6DH Henning?
  • Henning - DL6DH
    Henning - DL6DH Member ✭✭
    edited September 2019
    sorry, yes....
  • ctate243
    ctate243 Member ✭✭
    edited September 2019
    Bernd --

You CAN use OTRSP with a 6400.  You can use SO2R mode with N1MM and 2 slices on same band (no fdx).  so you can use 1 slice for your "vfo a" and another slice for "vfo b".  follow the so2r n1mm setup documents available on the flex website.. or you can search here also.  just note, band switching MUST be done via SSDR (not N1MM).  as long as you use your SMARTSDR instance to do your band changes you should have 2 slices on 1 band to do what has become to be called "modified SO2V" in the flex community.
  • Bernd DL9YAJ
    Bernd DL9YAJ Member ✭✭
    edited September 2019
    Hi Chris, get it running for the moment, but not perfect! I will try a little bit more with different config later on. For the moment i am busy to get ready for the cqww rtty this weekend.
    Thank you very much for help

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.