Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

Computer linking for remote radio operations

W4EG
W4EG Member ✭✭
edited April 2020 in
Will Flex be providing information for setting remote linking to the Signature Series SDR? Some of us will need information that we can follow to get this accomplish. No need for all that technical jargon, why, where etc... Just KISS

Answers

• KY6LA_Howard
    KY6LA_Howard Member ✭✭✭
    edited January 2017
    They still have a long way to go getting the V1.0 software out the door before they can tackle the myriad of issues that need to be solved before you can do real remote linking....OTOH you can do it with external boxes already and there are several such units on the market.. BUT frankly they are a waste of money because when Flex actually gets remoting working V1.??? it should be a lot better
  • W4EG
    W4EG Member ✭✭
    edited June 2018
    I should have said in future release. I do not expect it, In version 1.x.x
  • Tim - W4TME
    Tim - W4TME Administrator, FlexRadio Employee admin
    edited March 2017
    You can remote SmartSDR right now in the same way you can remote PowerSDR using a PC remote control program like TeamViewer where the radio audio is connected via an analog connection to the host PC's sound card. Remote Operation of PowerSDR Using TeamViewer
  • W4EG
    W4EG Member ✭✭
    edited June 2018
    Thank you Tim... I have used Google Remote Desktop; that was okay for digital operation. I'll wait until the dissemination on how to do it using the IP address connection of the radio. Several great Elmer's on the SDR forum try to help how to do it, but I am just a medium computer savvy. I know how to avoid computer problems and their solutions where beyond my knowledge.
  • Neal_K3NC
    Neal_K3NC Member ✭✭
    edited August 2013
    If you have two computers at home, you might try running teamviewer on each one and practice connecting to each other, you can learn a lot (as well as recognize problems) when you can see both ends of the session.
  • Gerald-K5SDR
    Gerald-K5SDR FlexRadio Employee ✭✭
    edited April 2019
    If you want to remote inside your home LAN, you can run the SmartSDR client anywhere inside your network today. You can use it for visually watching the bands. You could also remote the audio over Skype if desired. I have a PC connected to my TV so I could actually watch TV in one window and the bands in another.
  • Gerald-K5SDR
    edited April 2019
    Here is my living room TV this evening with the Dolphins and Coyboys playing exhibition round.
  • Tim - W4TME
    edited December 2016
    Too cool!
  • Gerald-K5SDR
    edited December 2016
    Oh, and this is over Wifi
  • Gerald-K5SDR
    edited December 2016
    That is Windows Media Center playing live over the air TV
  • W4EG
    W4EG Member ✭✭
    edited August 2013
    I found that Win7 remote was not enable. Enable my Win7 laptop and desktop. manage to se a blue radio GUI but no F6.7 display. I'll try TeamViewer or go back to Google Remote Desktop ; which is easy to install and requires little know how to setup.
  • Tim - W4TME
    edited March 2017
    SmartSDR is currently designed to operate only on a local area network segment (broadcast domain). It will not operate through a router/Firewall. You can only remote outside of your local network using a PC remote control program that supports VoIP or use a third-party VoIP application to provide the audio transfer over the Internet.
  • Tim - W4TME
    edited March 2017
    Dan, As long as toy can connect to the radio with SmartSDR for Windows and the connection is stable (over the wifi), you should be able to key the radio.
  • Reggie-k6xr
    Reggie-k6xr Member ✭✭
    edited April 2020
    Question: do you still have to use VAC with SSDR with TeamViewer?
  • W4EG
    W4EG Member ✭✭
    edited August 2013
    If I read it correctly; the answer is no. The new software will be called DAX. However it is not available yet
  • Reggie-k6xr
    Reggie-k6xr Member ✭✭
    edited July 2016
    I should have said or asked, in the interim prior to dax being implemented?
  • W4EG
    W4EG Member ✭✭
    edited August 2013
    If you intend to use the F-6xx radio; you will need to hard wire the cables from the radio to the computer: Until DAX is implemented. Again, this is my understanding. I am holding back, I do not want to do it twice. Something may be coming soon. They have been awfully quite about releasing the new alpha version.
  • Tim - W4TME
    edited March 2017
    Reggie, the answer is no. SmartSDR does not have the requisite audio interface to connect to VAC, so any type of audio transfer to a third-party application, like a digital mode program or TeamViewer for remote access will require an analog interface from the radio hardware to a PC sound card. Once we have bi-directional streaming audio software and the client interface integration (DAX), this analog interface methodology will no longer be needed.
  • Reggie-k6xr
    Reggie-k6xr Member ✭✭
    edited April 2020
    thanks
  • Max, I8NHJ/N5NHJ
    edited December 2013
    Having the remote IP address connection (out of the broadcast domain) is really a MUST HAVE for this piece of equipment. Is there any idea about which version will handle it? Max, I8NHJ/N5NHJ