Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

Computer can't see my 6300

Russ
Russ Member ✭✭
edited September 2018 in FLEX-6000 Signature Series
Well suddenly my tower computer can't see my 6300 after about a year of no problems.  It runs Windows 7.  So I switched cat5 jumper from the radio to the computer and still the problem is there.  Then I tried my MacBook Pro which uses boot camp and Windows 10 which I've used  mobile and at the home QTH many times and it works great.  At first I thought my tower was bad but it works with and without the internet for all other operations so is it a settings issue?  Any ideas would sure help because after being spoiled by my big screens I think the laptop screen is just too small.  Hi    I might add that things started to go downhill a few weeks after installing the latest version of Smart SDR 1.1016 so I tried an older version and then went back to the 1.1016 and no joy.     Help,  Mr. Wizard....    Thanks Russ  K5ZZR   

Answers

• Jim Jerzycke
    Jim Jerzycke Member ✭✭
    edited November 2017
    Is the Flex the only thing on that Ethernet port in the computer?
  • Mike va3mw
    Mike va3mw Member ✭✭
    edited February 2018
    What are the ip addresses of the computers and Flex? Make sure Windows firewall is off. Mike va3mw
  • Russ
    Russ Member ✭✭
    edited April 2017
    Yes Jim the cat5 runs right from the 6300 to the tower and I only have one Ethermet Port.  Tnx
  • Mike va3mw
    Mike va3mw Member ✭✭
    edited February 2018
    Can you ping the radio from the computer? The firewall may still be an issue. Mike
  • Russ
    Russ Member ✭✭
    edited April 2017
    Thanks Michael, the Windows firewall was off but the Avast firewall was ON.  Works great now and thank you so much.  Only thing is I'm nervous now the firewall is off.  What can I do?
  • Pat N6PAT
    Pat N6PAT Member ✭✭
    edited September 2018
    Check your Avast network settings. Mine changed after an auto Avast update. It set my Ethernet to public and that prevented my computer from seeing the radio until I changed it back to private
  • Russ
    Russ Member ✭✭
    edited April 2017
    Same here Pat and thanks.  I'll be watching that closely from now on. 

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.