Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

Comp does not work correctly in new beta version 1.0.5

Options
Reggie-k6xr
Reggie-k6xr Member ✭✭
edited June 2020 in SmartSDR for Windows
COMP does not seem to operate as it did on earlier version. I have to viturally yell to get comp meter to move. It is hardley able to adjust. V.1.0.5 beta.

Answers

• Ken - NM9P
    Ken - NM9P Member ✭✭✭
    edited June 2020
    Options
    I noticed this first off. I have full scale (0 dB) mike output on BAL with my PR22, but can't get more than about 5 dB compression even with the slider at full 100%. I also have to turn the mike up a little higher to get full mike level out. In the case of the PR22UT, I now must have it at 100% when 90% used to be enough in v. 1.0.
  • Dale KB5VE
    Dale KB5VE Member ✭✭
    edited January 2017
    Options
    I noticed the compressor meter does not move on the beta version. I am talking to K5UX with his new 6500 and he is using 1.0.0 and the compression meter is working and mine is not.
  • W4YXU
    W4YXU Member
    edited April 2016
    Options
    I can't get the compression needle to move either. I had the F5k listening and looking at the true output (feeding dummy load) and I can see some compression activity is actually occurring. Also was able to confirm about 10db or a little more of downward expansion. If we had a bit more (like another 20db?) of mike gain and a better definition of just where the thresholds for compression/expansion were set it would be easier to accurately critique the performance.

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.