Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

COMP on the 6300?

Options
n1naz
n1naz Member
edited June 2020 in SmartSDR CAT
In the "SmartSDR for Windows Software User's Guide". It mentions, in a couple of locations, about Turning the COMP on and off and how to go about adjusting it. Is this with only the 6500 and 6700? I'm using the 6300, with SmartSDR V1.3.8.126 and I'm not seeing a COMP button anywhere. For most of the rest of the manual it states clearly if something is a 6700/6500 only option... This does not.

Page 65
7. Turn on the TX compressor/expander with the COMP button. The compression slider controls
the Compression Threshold. At the minimum setting, the threshold is 0 dB while at max the threshold is approximately -33 dB. The compression ratio is fixed at 5:1 while the downward expander set for a threshold of -45dB with a ratio of 4:1. 

Page 124
● Compression bar meter: This meter shows the real-time level of compression being applied to the input signal when the audio compressor (COMP) is enabled.

Answers

• Jay Nation
    Jay Nation Member ✭✭
    edited May 2019
    Options
    COMP got renamed/relabeled PROC. when the Processor code replaced the Compressor code.
    The manual lags a little, the buttons in the same location on the compresser panel.

73, Jay - NO5J
  • Ken - NM9P
    Ken - NM9P Member ✭✭✭
    edited June 2020
    Options
    The newly labeled Processor (PROC) has three options... NORmal, DX, and DX+. I use DX on my wide response rag chew profile, and DX+ in my more narrow DXing and contesting profiles. They add little distortion, but add very noticeable talk power. It is about as simple as it gets.... Adjust EQ and mike gain with the PROC in the OFF position, then turn PROC ON and leave it alone.
  • Tim - W4TME
    Tim - W4TME Administrator, FlexRadio Employee admin
    edited December 2016
    Options
    The SmartSDR for Windows Software User's Guide has been updated for the upcoming v1.4 release to properly describe the PROC feature.

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.