Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

Common Flex Radio

John
John Member ✭✭
edited June 2018 in New Ideas
Sniff sniff, I have been drooling over the smart SDR write up and live in hope that power SDR, will get another update. Flex Radio should remember that there are many 1500 and 3000, 5000 users out there and we also need some sparkle in our transceiver software. I am sure many of us cannot update to the top of the range for many reasons, so we are stuck in the groove. Common Flex Radio, show us you still care about us bottom of the range users by updating out software with some of the suggestions we have been sending in.

Sniff sniff, I'll get back in my box now

John
1 votes

Open for Comments · Last Updated

Comments

• Jim Jerzycke
    Jim Jerzycke Member ✭✭
    edited November 2017
    You're not alone, John!

The only thing I'd like to see is improved noise reduction. I've tweaked mine numerous times according to all the various tweaks I've found, and it still leaves a bit to be desired.

73, Jim  KQ6EA
  • JDE
    JDE Member
    edited February 2017
    I'll second that.

My 3K will probably be my last radio.

At least make us feel good, even if you think it's a mature product. Sniff, sniff...

(Hit the "like" button to bring more attention to our need)
  • John
    John Member ✭✭
    edited June 2018
    We could try a people power protest by getting the likes up to a record high !
  • Ted_Spiegel_NX6C
    Ted_Spiegel_NX6C Member ✭✭
    edited March 2017
    I'd really like to have more features for my FlexRadio 5000. When I purchased it the stated business model at that time was that the software be open source. 
    Therefore;
    1. PowerSDR is in the public domain and anybody is free to enhance it.
    2. Volunteers have built interesting additions using PSDR for OTHER radios!

I suggest that volunteer programmers be petitioned to give back to the PSDR community by making their enhanced features backward compatible with the Flex 1500, 3000 and 5000 series radios.

That would be the fair thing to do.

Ted
    NX6C

• Burt Fisher
    Burt Fisher Member ✭✭
    edited August 2016
    Good luck, Powersdr is the ex-wife
  • James Whiteway
    edited January 2016
    Take up programming, maybe?
  • Valdas Šukys
    Valdas Šukys Member
    edited January 2016
    Flex Radio,
    WOX POPULI, WOX DEI!

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.