Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

color choices for background and meters

Greg
Greg Member ✭✭
edited June 2020 in New Ideas
I brought this up some time ago before this community forum started. Would love to see what other think here. Please create an option for users to select colors for the backgrounds, meter bars...etc. The present configuration of red on dark backgrounds make it very difficult for people who are color blind or have a color perception deficiency (me) to see the meters. Please voice your opinions on this with the voting button. Thanks. 73 Greg AB7R

Comments

• Beppe IK3VIG
    Beppe IK3VIG Member
    edited January 2018
    YEAAAAA ! A bkg color for each PAN (with persistance of course.....) A modifed picture you know Greg.... 73 Beppe ik3vig woodboxradio
  • Greg
    Greg Member ✭✭
    edited July 2014
    I like your art work Beppe. Now if you could make my RF Power, SWR, Audio and Compression meters something like yellow instead of red..... :)
  • Beppe IK3VIG
    Beppe IK3VIG Member
    edited June 2020
    Greg, I like the green...... 73 Beppe ik3vig woodboxradio
  • KY6LA_Howard
    KY6LA_Howard Member ✭✭✭
    edited January 2017
    Definitely néed to do something about the choice of colors. I too can barely make out the meters.
  • Sergey R5AU
    Sergey R5AU Member ✭✭
    edited April 2017
    Definetely i am voting for this !
  • Matt-KD5FGE
    Matt-KD5FGE FlexRadio Employee ✭✭
    edited January 2019
    Thank you for the input! This is something we have been talking about doing at some point. Keep providing ideas and color schemes that you like!
  • KY6LA_Howard
    KY6LA_Howard Member ✭✭✭
    edited January 2017
    The meters are definitely very difficult to read. The red on black is almost invisible to me. Give us some choices on backgrounds and emphasis colors... The science do visual ergonomics is well known and long understood in the computer industry. So perhaps you might just pick up a textbook on visual ergonomics which specifies good visible combinations.
  • Ken - NM9P
    Ken - NM9P Member ✭✭✭
    edited June 2020
    I really like the screen & meter options in PowerSDR. In fact, I worked very hard to create a pleasing bar meter that was multiple shades of blue on my 1500. I much preferred it to the "new" meter offered in PSDR. It had a peak bar and an average readout along with the digital numbers. I would LOVE to have that sort of flexibility of style and color scheme, with peak/average options on every meter on the display, with selectable backgrounds, etc. It would go a long way to making this MY Flex radio. I don't need an expert to define the color scheme for me, let me pick it myself. I would appreciate some "sample" or "suggested" color schemes to show some options of what might be effective, but choice is the key.
  • Ned K1NJ
    Ned K1NJ Member ✭✭
    edited February 2017
    Are the display oriented things, like color, being done on the PC where the display is really managed ? I don't know where the division of labor is between the 6000 unit and the PC, but it would seem to make sense to manage the display, like colors and even averaging displayed data points, on the PC and leave the heavy lifting to the 6000. I saw on a Xilinx page that this FPGA can do 1024 point FFT's at a rate of almost 200,000 per second. That's amazing. Wouldn't it make sense to let the display unit do the minor management chores? Is it already being done this way?
  • Ken - NM9P
    Ken - NM9P Member ✭✭✭
    edited December 2016
    I also like the green meter, or even a florescent blue.... kind of a throw back to the days of the meters on the TS-850, et. al.
  • KY6LA_Howard
    KY6LA_Howard Member ✭✭✭
    edited January 2017
    I would love to have colors that I can actually see... Red on Black Background is far too hard to see
  • Jim WA9ABB
    Jim WA9ABB Member
    edited May 2014
    Suggest that the power or swr be displayed in digits when the cursor hovers over the meter as the s-meter currently functions. Note: One in eight males is color deficient or color blind - usually red/green.
  • KY6LA_Howard
    KY6LA_Howard Member ✭✭✭
    edited January 2017
    Suggest we dispense entirely with the analog meters and just display numbers which are, for me at least, much easier to see..
  • Tim K8XS
    Tim K8XS Member
    edited May 2016
    Please don't just make fixed color scheme options. I would like at least the flexibility that PSDR has where the user can choose his own color combinations. If you want to provide some base schemes as choices that is fine; however, the user should be able to modify the colors as desired. You will never be able to pick enough schemes to please everyone. 73, Tim K8XS
  • Ned K1NJ
    Ned K1NJ Member ✭✭
    edited December 2016
    Yes, and for some this is a necessity, not just a cosmetic convenience.
  • Philip KA4KOE
    Philip KA4KOE Member ✭✭
    edited June 2016
    Any news or is at the "back of the bus"?
  • Bob G   W1GLV
    Bob G W1GLV Member ✭✭
    edited June 2020
    I bet that there will be a lot of surprises in V2.0 of SSDR.
  • KC2QMA_John
    KC2QMA_John Member ✭✭
    edited July 2018
    Uhh... Yes, Yes & Yes. More customization! Please. :)
  • Steve (N9SKM)
    Steve (N9SKM) Member
    edited May 2016
    The color could be better but they work nicely for a quick glance in my opinion. especially the input one.

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.