Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

CM500 users out there can you share your settings?

Options
ctate243
ctate243 Member ✭✭
Using a heil yeasu style foster adapter, and turned on Bia, wanting to use my Yamaha CM500 and not getting any audio from the mic.. seems others have got it going. any ideas?  Its like its not getting bias even if its turned on....  what am I missing?

Answers

• EA4GLI
    EA4GLI Member ✭✭✭
    edited November 2016
    Options
    The mic connection on you adapter might be mono and not stereo and therefore not really sending voltage to the electret capsule. The yamaha needs a stereo female jack for the mic. Just in case, make sure bias is enabled in the setup menu.
  • Ken - NM9P
    Ken - NM9P Member ✭✭✭
    edited June 2020
    Options
    Be sure to double check that the foster connector is inserted properly. Some of the Heil adapters are just enough smaller that it is possible to insert them into the rig upside down. Also check that you are setting the Mike input to MIC and that Bias and +20 dB buttons are both turned ON in the setup tabs.
  • np2g
    np2g Member ✭✭
    edited November 2015
    Options
    The headset comes with its battery. Use that. The cm 500 is great. Use it in my kx3. No bias on
  • K9DUR
    K9DUR Member ✭✭
    edited April 2017
    Options
    Chris, I had a Heil headset & tried to use that adapter with my CM-500. The Heil adapter has a mono mic jack. The CM-500 has a stereo plug with the mic wired to both the tip & ring. When you plug the CM-500 mic into the mono jack, you short the mic to ground. I found on E-Bay a mono-stereo adapter for about $2. Plugged it between the mic & Heil adapter & it works great. One thing, the mic on the CM-500 is so hot you will need to turn off the 20 dB boost. 73, Ray, K9DUR
  • ctate243
    ctate243 Member ✭✭
    edited April 2017
    Options
    Ray this is the answer I was looking for.  Spot on and the correct answer for this issue.  and yes this mic is super hot!  no 20 db boost for this!
  • ctate243
    ctate243 Member ✭✭
    edited May 2016
    Options
    thanks Ray this was a very helpful response and I am up and running!

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.