Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

Clicking on DAX Control Panel in SDR Bridge Brings Up Empty Box

W1RE
W1RE Member
edited October 2018 in SmartSDR for Windows

I have been getting used to the powerful combination of SDR Bridge 1.0.0, CW Skimmer 1.8.3, WriteLog and the SSDR 1.2.1.  Some of it seems a bit unstable but it's easy to see the power in all this once any issues are flushed out.

One problem I have consistently is when in SDR Bridge in the Bridge Tab and I click on DAX Control Panel, I get a popup box titled DAX Control Panel v1.0.5.49, but the box is completely black and cannot be closed once opened.  This only happens when I launch the DAX control panel through Bridge. Launching the DAX Control Panel through the notification area works OK.

I am running a 6700 w/SSDR 1.2.1; Windows 8.1 x64.  Here is what I get every time.

Please let me know if you need any additional info.  Thanks again for making all this possible - I am truly having a blast.

- Bob, W1RE

Comments

• W1RE
    W1RE Member
    edited October 2018

Okay, I just re-read the Bridge instructions and I now understand better what is going on.

The instructions say you need to need to "initialize DAX Control Panel" or SkimSrv panel from the tray first due to the way Windows works.  While I did do this, I didn't realize that you shouldn't close the DAX Control Panel before trying to re-launch from Bridge.

Basically you need to open DAX control panel from the tray first and leave it open then clicking the button in the Bridge effectively minimizes and restores the control panel in a toggle manner.

Given this it's not really a bug but a bit of an odd behavior. Once you understand how it's supposed to work it works well - I clearly didn't understand it the first (half dozen) time(s) I tried it.

Hope this helps others understand better how this works.

- Bob, W1RE

• ai6re
    ai6re Member ✭✭
    edited January 2015
    Bob, have you been able to use CW Skimmer on Windows 8.1? Mine only decode bit and pieces of the CW. Don ai6re
  • W1RE
    W1RE Member
    edited October 2018

Hi Don,

Yes I am successfully using CW Skimmer with Windows 8.1.  Have you checked whether you are not CPU constrained as that would be my first guess.  Maybe if you can provide some additional details of your set up it may trigger additional ideas?

73 + Happy 2015,

- Bob

• ai6re
    ai6re Member ✭✭
    edited January 2015
    Bob, I am running a 4th generation I7 that shows about 20% load and is just coasting. CWSkimmer runs but it fails to decode unless I do something to keep the focus on the program. If I click on any other program like SSDR on XMLog then CWSkimmer starts loosing data. I have tried with SDR Bridge and the same thing happens there. I run a much slower windows 7 machine and everything works great there. CW Skimmer is the only program on the system that does not work on Windows 8.1. I have re-installed and still no difference. The fact that you have it working no matter what the current window means that I must do some more research. It I open a sub menu on Skimmer then it decode everything great but as soon as I touch anything else on the desktop skimmer starts missing letters. My system is running with plenty of extra cpu and 16 GB of memory. This is off topic so can you reply to me at my QRZ email address. Don AI6RE

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.