Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

Change Nickname in 2.5.1

K5ROX
K5ROX Member ✭✭
edited April 2020 in SmartSDR for Windows
It appears yet another bug, tried restarting twice and Nickname change was lost.

Is it bug or am I missing something?

Comments

• FISHULA X
    FISHULA X Member ✭✭
    edited April 2020
     I can tell you this. Anything you change or put in under radio identification or nickname settings, you must hit enter when you done typing or it will revert back to what it was previously. That could be your problem. Hope so... Just from my experiences. Good luck  73.
  • Jim Gilliam
    Jim Gilliam Member ✭✭
    edited July 2019

I assume you are referring "nickname" to "STATION:name". When SmartSDR is first loaded on the using computer, it uses the registered name of the computer. To change this, simply type over the name and press "ENTER." This change will remain permanent.

Jim, K6QE
  • K5ROX
    K5ROX Member ✭✭
    edited July 2019
    Enter worked.....
  • FISHULA X
    FISHULA X Member ✭✭
    edited April 2020
     Good for you., and just so you know,  No It's not permanent.  I know what Jim meant  but,you can change it anytime but, for it to stay you must hit ENTER.... I LOVE MY FLEX........... 73
  • Glenn Lyons
    Glenn Lyons Member
    edited October 2019
    Changing "STATION:name" is problematic. The common perception is that when SmartSDR is first loaded on the using computer, it uses the registered name of the computer ant o change this, simply type over the name and press "ENTER" and change will remain permanent. Sometimes!

My observations is that you have to be login in as Admin for this to remain permanent. So does that mean that the SamrtSDR app writes a config file to the workstation. How does this work when you change workstations? How does it work when you login twice (as in a second device)?

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.