Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

Change in TX behaviour in 1.4.0 ?

DrTeeth
DrTeeth Member ✭✭
edited December 2018 in SmartSDR for Windows
Has there been a change in behaviour in the TX of the 6300 to help prevent out of band transmissions? It looks like the TX response filter is taken into account in 1.4.0 when it was not in 1.3.8.

Answers

• Tim - W4TME
    Tim - W4TME Administrator, FlexRadio Employee admin
    edited December 2018
    Yep, it has.
  • DrTeeth
    DrTeeth Member ✭✭
    edited August 2016
    Phew! I thought I was having an ever more frequent senior moment.

I have noticed something that is, IMHO, counter-intuitive and that caused a bit of a flap with WSJT-X until I figured out what was going on..

Let me give you a working example with JT65. In the UK, JT65 is 5.737 to 5.738 (the higher frequency is the band edge). If I QSY to that frequency with a TX filter that would have me radiating out of band and then set it 0 > 1000, I still cannot transmit. I have to manually tune off 5.737 and back again to have TX enabled. Is there any way to remove this last step so an in band filter edge is automatically recognised? If one changes the filter/profile before the QSY, the issue does not arise.
  • Tim - W4TME
    edited December 2016
    Got it.  I suspect we are not doing a TX limit check after a filter change.  I'll write this up in our bug tracker for the engineering guys to look at.
  • DrTeeth
    DrTeeth Member ✭✭
    edited August 2016
    Cheers Tim.
  • M0GVZ
    M0GVZ Member
    edited March 2015
    Same applies on SSB.
  • Tim - W4TME
    edited December 2016
    I would expect this as the issue is mode independent

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.