Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

CE Certification 6600M for Europe

Wolfgang
Wolfgang Member ✭✭
What is the current status of the CE certification. I'm waiting since August 2017 and paid the FLEX 6600M fully. Any idea how long it will take starting to deliver to Switzerland? As I know, our dealer has no information yet and was told from Flexradio to ask my local dealer.

Answers

• Paul Leach
    Paul Leach Member ✭✭
    edited August 2018
    good question and waiting to hear myself.
    I am glad there will be a slight delay as it will enable me to find out more about the new Kenwood radio due to be released at Dayton.
    I have a 6400 on reservation and to date have no plans to change
    I always seem to buy a new radio and then find there's another model just released
  • Mike-VA3MW
    Mike-VA3MW Administrator, FlexRadio Employee, Community Manager, Super Elmer, Moderator admin
    edited June 2020
    Hi Guys

I am not a liberty to pass on details, but I can say we are moving as fast as we can with the CE Certification.  If there is a slow down, it isn't on our side.  

We would love it to move faster.

Mike

• Gerard Hol
    Gerard Hol Member
    edited June 2020
    Dear valued partner, I am writing to give you the latest information regarding the status of CE certification of the new FLEX-6400(M) and FLEX-6600(M) models. Here is the latest information regarding the certification process: We are in receipt of the Preliminary Findings report for EN 62368-1 safety certification requirements from the test laboratory. There were two items that required slight modifications that have been completed on the test unit and returned to the lab for final test/certification. We successfully completed pre-screening of the radios for radiated and conducted emissions in preparation for formal testing at the certification lab. We experienced an unexpected delay in that we were unable to schedule a local lab to start EMC testing until March 9th. The change to RED requirements in the EU seems to have significantly increased the backlog at test labs. The lab projects completion of testing by April 4th, assuming no problems are found. Assuming no further modifications are required other than those currently known, we will make best efforts to allocate radios for shipment just after completion of certification. We know you and your customers are anxious to receive radios so we are doing everything in our power to speed up that process. We are working hard to complete these final steps in order to get radios coming your way. I am personally managing the certification process to expedite completion.
  • SP7IDX
    SP7IDX Member ✭✭
    edited November 2019
    good information :) CE certification is some madness, other countries do not apply and it's okay only here in Europe
  • DL4RCE
    DL4RCE Member ✭✭✭
    edited March 2018
    Thanks for ststus update. Let's keep fingers crossed :-) ...Right now I do have a Maestro w/o any use :( 73 de DL4RCE Volker
  • Wolfgang
    Wolfgang Member ✭✭
    edited March 2018
    Thanky you very much for your update. I'm keen to get my 6600M soon :-)
    73 Wolfgang
  • ik2egl
    ik2egl Member ✭✭
    edited March 2018
    This is anot completely nice answer.are you resnponsible of flex prduct ? So what and where ever it is the process status you are asked to answer.tel us we cannot snswer becouse of others are doing ... it it not fully professional z
  • Tim - W4TME
    Tim - W4TME Administrator, FlexRadio Employee admin
    edited April 2018
    The certification process for CE is not a quick process.  Testing has to be done by a qualified lab.  The product has to pass CE emissions requirements and then the paperwork has to be filed in Brussels.  We are in progress and hope to have certification done soon.  Believe me when I say our desire to sell our products to our valued EU customers through our dealer network is much greater than your desire to get a radio.  This is one of our top deliverables.
  • DL4RCE
    DL4RCE Member ✭✭✭
    edited March 2018
    Thanks Tim, please keep us posted if you have any further Information. 73 Volker, DL4RCE
  • K1UO Larry
    K1UO Larry Member ✭✭✭
    edited April 2018
    Hmmmmmmm...  Our own FCC 15db gain rule comes to mind here :)  Guess we all have some sort of cross to bear.  Hope you guys get your new  radios soon..  you definitely will soon forget the wait!
  • Tim - W4TME
    edited March 2018
    As soon as we have good news to report, we'll let you know.
  • ik2egl
    ik2egl Member ✭✭
    edited March 2018
    Time is going on and product too. I am one of the oldest use of flex, i had flex 1000, 5000, 6500, so I can say I know quite well fkexradios. But it experience is not a plus, it seemx to me. But there are not comparablr product inthe market
  • ik2egl
    ik2egl Member ✭✭
    edited March 2018
    We know that it is not a quick process, but you should be already experienced , as you did for all previous products in the past. Let me say that still i do not fully understand.
  • Wolfgang Sidler
    edited April 2018
    Assume you will get the CE certification soon, how looks your shipment schedule for europe? How long we have to wait to get the 6600M in Switzerland? 73 HB9RYZ Wolfgang
  • ik2egl
    ik2egl Member ✭✭
    edited April 2018
    hi,  no answer yet, unfortunately..
  • ik2egl
    ik2egl Member ✭✭
    edited April 2018
    Hi Flex
    can you share any new on CE certification ?
    ""The lab projects completion of testing by April 4th, assuming no problems are found. ""

really thanks
  • Gerald-K5SDR
    Gerald-K5SDR FlexRadio Employee ✭✭
    edited April 2019
    Here is the latest update from the certification lab:
    1. April 2nd - lab notified us they encountered a radiated immunity test (under EN 301 489) equipment problem during testing of our product. They sent the equipment to the calibration lab and are currently attempting to borrow equipment from one of their other locations.  Murphy's Law!
    2. April 6th - received final approval for EN 62368-1 safety
    We are dependent on the test lab to complete their certification process once they have the necessary equipment back from the calibration lab.  I am personally expediting the test lab to the best of my ability.  We will know when they have finished when they finish.

I sure wish I could make it go faster but I can't.  

Gerald
  • DL4RCE
    DL4RCE Member ✭✭✭
    edited June 2020
    Thanks Gerald for the information.

73, Volker
  • Mark Chamberlain
    Mark Chamberlain Member ✭✭
    edited April 2019
    Thanks for the update, Can you confirm that when CE certification is achieved that European pre-ordered stock is ready to ship to Europe. And approximately how long ( after certification) it is expected to take to arrive with European dealers Regards Mark M0ZSS
  • Gerald-K5SDR
    Gerald-K5SDR FlexRadio Employee ✭✭
    edited April 2018
    Mark,
    Based on the testing so far, we will have to make a few modifications to meet the requirements.  As soon as I know all of the final mods, we can get answers from the factory on what it will take to do the mods.  The tested equipment has to be modified so that it meets all requirements so we know what most of them are now but there might be a couple more before we are done.  CE is a lot harder than FCC.
    Gerald 
  • Mark Chamberlain
    Mark Chamberlain Member ✭✭
    edited April 2018
    Thanks Gerald for the quick reply. I am sure tfat ALL of us wish you well with any mods needed. Great to hear from company execs regularly getting involved with an online forum answering customer queries. I am looking forward to getting back behind the controls of a flex having owned a 3000 a few years ago, back To the Icom 7300 for a little while longer. Thanks for the update lets hope the next one comes sooner rather than later Regards Mark M0ZSS
  • G0VLF
    G0VLF Member ✭✭
    edited April 2018
    Good to hear specific information and the imminent release of the 6xxx series in Europe once these final CE requirements are resolved. Looking forward to receiving my 6600M.

Ray de G0VLF  
  • Ria
    Ria Member ✭✭✭
    edited April 2018
    What complicates it is that Flex is a US company has to rely on a third party lab in Europe for CE certification. The part about Brussels makes sense. Meanwhile for FCC certification Flex can just do it themselves so faster turnaround.
  • ik2egl
    ik2egl Member ✭✭
    edited April 2018
    Ria, we know the certification processes  for radio equipmenti in US and EU, nothing new.
    It is not a new process and we get each time different answers for issues and final date 

Still nobody can guess when EU market will be satisfied, thats all.

I will shortly call my italian local dealer for final decision on what to do

• Wolfgang
    Wolfgang Member ✭✭
    edited April 2018
    Hi Flexradio Team
    We have now April the 19.. What the status of the CE-Certification and when can we expect the first delivery for Europe?
    Wolfgang
  • Tim - W4TME
    edited April 2018
    Let me repost one of Gerald's comments in this thread.

We are dependent on the test lab to complete their certification process once they have the necessary equipment back from the calibration lab.  I am personally expediting the test lab to the best of my ability.  We will know when they have finished when they finish.

I sure wish I could make it go faster but I can't. 

So, please be patient.  When the certification is complete, we'll let you know.
  • ik2egl
    ik2egl Member ✭✭
    edited April 2018
    Hi Gerald, do you have any update on how is going the CE certification process ?
  • Tim - W4TME
    edited April 2018
    Don, When Gerald has an update he will post it. 
  • Wolfgang Sidler
    edited April 2018
    Hi guys - the time goes fast. I'm wondering if you able to show us at the Ham Radio exebition in Friedrichshafen a brand new FLEX 6600M with the CE certficate. If it still takes ever to get my 6600M I forced to buy it directly through a local dealer in the US are some where else. I alredy paid the full amount last August 2017!!! 73 Wolfgang
  • ik2egl
    ik2egl Member ✭✭
    edited April 2018
    Ciao Mark. Let me share with you that today I revoked my order for 6600  and asked back for money

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.