CE Certification 6600M for Europe

• Question
  • Updated 2 weeks ago
What is the current status of the CE certification. I'm waiting since August 2017 and paid the FLEX 6600M fully. Any idea how long it will take starting to deliver to Switzerland? As I know, our dealer has no information yet and was told from Flexradio to ask my local dealer.
Photo of Wolfgang

• 6 Posts
  • 1 Reply Like

Posted 2 weeks ago

Photo of Paul Leach

Paul Leach

• 4 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
good question and waiting to hear myself.
I am glad there will be a slight delay as it will enable me to find out more about the new Kenwood radio due to be released at Dayton.
I have a 6400 on reservation and to date have no plans to change
I always seem to buy a new radio and then find there's another model just released
Photo of Michael Walker

Michael Walker, Official Rep

• 56 Posts
  • 14 Reply Likes
Hi Guys

I am not a liberty to pass on details, but I can say we are moving as fast as we can with the CE Certification.  If there is a slow down, it isn't on our side.  

We would love it to move faster.

Photo of Gerard Hol    PD0PIW

Gerard Hol PD0PIW

• 7 Posts
  • 3 Reply Likes
Dear valued partner,

I am writing to give you the latest information regarding the status of CE certification of the new FLEX-6400(M) and FLEX-6600(M) models.

Here is the latest information regarding the certification process:

We are in receipt of the Preliminary Findings report for EN 62368-1 safety certification requirements from the test laboratory. There were two items that required slight modifications that have been completed on the test unit and returned to the lab for final test/certification.
We successfully completed pre-screening of the radios for radiated and conducted emissions in preparation for formal testing at the certification lab.
We experienced an unexpected delay in that we were unable to schedule a local lab to start EMC testing until March 9th. The change to RED requirements in the EU seems to have significantly increased the backlog at test labs. The lab projects completion of testing by April 4th, assuming no problems are found.
Assuming no further modifications are required other than those currently known, we will make best efforts to allocate radios for shipment just after completion of certification.

We know you and your customers are anxious to receive radios so we are doing everything in our power to speed up that process. We are working hard to complete these final steps in order to get radios coming your way.

I am personally managing the certification process to expedite completion.
Photo of Volker Geith

Volker Geith

• 8 Posts
  • 2 Reply Likes
Thanks for ststus update. Let's keep fingers crossed :-) ...Right now I do have a Maestro w/o any use :(

73 de DL4RCE

Photo of Wolfgang

• 6 Posts
  • 1 Reply Like
Thanky you very much for your update. I'm keen to get my 6600M soon :-)
73 Wolfgang
Photo of Waldi

• 2 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
good information :) CE certification is some madness, other countries do not apply and it's okay only here in Europe