CB Linux repeater using flx 1500

• Idea
  • Updated 4 months ago
Hi i want to make CB repeater using raspberry pi And flx1500 SDR but i dont know how. Thanks
Photo of Miquel

Miquel

• 3 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
  • tired

Posted 9 months ago

Photo of Dudley - WA5QPZ

Dudley - WA5QPZ, Elmer

• 174 Posts
  • 27 Reply Likes
If you are referring to Citizens Band,  the 1500 is not authorized for that band,  also repeaters are not allowed CB bands anyways,  at least in the U.S.   

Dudley
Photo of Miquel

Miquel

• 3 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
Here in EU they Are allowed how do You mean it Its not authorized?
Photo of Jim Jerzycke

Jim Jerzycke

• 93 Posts
  • 19 Reply Likes
Flex is an American company, and their products reflect that. In the US, the FCC does NOT allow repeaters on Citizen's Band frequencies. The market for a CB repeater is therefore ZERO in the US, and it would be a "niche" product in other parts of the world.

It would also require different firmware to be loaded into the radio to allow it to transmit on Citizen's Band frequencies, and Flex is not going to provide this firmware.

Your best option would be to buy two complete CB radios, and then design a controller to route the audio and switch the radios between transmit and receive.
Photo of VE7ATJ

VE7ATJ

• 125 Posts
  • 24 Reply Likes
Like most of the Flex products, the 1500 is a 'ham transceiver' and thus only permitted to transmit on amateur frequencies.

Photo of matt

matt

• 2 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
Ask the guys on channel 30 in western new york, there has been a repeater on there for years.
Photo of Michael Coslo

Michael Coslo

• 947 Posts
  • 257 Reply Likes
I'm not certain that makes it legal.
Photo of matt

matt

• 2 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
Not sure anything a CBer does is legal, 
1. Power Amps
2. Talking above 40 and blow 1
3. FM on CB
4. Radios doing more than 5w
5. Profundity
6. The distance to they talk
7. height of there antenna
So a repeater on CB, why not, nobody is stopping any other of the illegal activities. If it doesnt cause interference or bother anyone leave them be, and If it helps them keep the hobby alive, Im all for it. Most hams these days start on CB so maybe this will get to learn more,and become better Hams?!?.
(Edited)
Photo of Michael Walker

Michael Walker, Technologist

• 786 Posts
  • 228 Reply Likes
I am going to close this thread due to the nature and it is outside the scope of Flex radios.

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies.