Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

Cat connection from 6300 to my logging software LOG40M

Options
howard krawitz
howard krawitz Member ✭✭
edited March 2017 in FLEX-6000 Signature Series
 I just purchased and installed a flex6300. The procedure to work with CAT systems for the FLEX is to first install SmartSDR CAT. In doing so the program identified the following:
to connect to com port 4. My next step was to load OmniRig and make the COM PORT 4 into RIG2 which is the OmniRig selection for  Log40m. The only problem is you don't have a selection for the FLEX 6300. I spoke with Flex and they suggested either TS-2000 or PowerSDR, which is there old software. In either case I could not get it to work. 

Please advise what I need to do to connect your software to my FLEX. Still having problems. If someone out there has solved the problem please feel free to contact me to resolve the issues.

Thanks

Howard Krawitz
AH6TX
gvm920@gmail.com
661-821-

Answers

• Tim - W4TME
    Tim - W4TME Administrator, FlexRadio Employee admin
    edited March 2017
    Options
    Try a different program, like Fldigi running RigCAT to verify the CAT connection is working since there isn't native support for SmartSDR with Omnicat.  There is a SmartSDR.xml file for RigCAT.
  • W9OY
    W9OY Member ✭✭
    edited June 2014
    Options
    My guess is the Flex Control owns com 4.  Sometimes SmartCAT ain't so smart and will try to create a virtual port on the Knob port

I use DDUTIL v3 for SmartCAT to omnirig  If DDUTIL is not connected to CAT then connect it using that choice under options.  Make sure SmartCAT is running as well sometimes it crashes and needs to be restarted.

Once you install DDUTIL it should connect to SmartSDR via smartCAT.  Make sure signature is chosen in the DDTIL setup > Features

Next use SmartCat to create a shared port My omnirig>DDUTIL is on 5,15.  Check in the windows device manager to see your ports are active (Just type device manager in search to get there)

Set up port 15 in DDUTIL>setup>ports or whatever port pair you choose.  I always put the higher port of the pair in DDUTIL

Set up port 5 or the other half of your port pair in Omnirig 1 and choose powerSDR

Setup Log4OM

Drink some coffee and work some DX   Make sure Omni rig 1 is chosen on the main screen of Log4OM.  As long as SmartCAT is running and DDUTIL is connected to it log4om should work FB.   Very occasionally you might need a reboot if the ports aren't there.

73  W9OY

• howard krawitz
    howard krawitz Member ✭✭
    edited June 2014
    Options
    I want to thank w9oy and all who responded the addition of DDUTIL etc is making it work. My understanding is we need to keep CAT open. Do we need to keep ddutil and OMNIRIG open as well. Right now the only thing open is the CAT. Let me know

Thanks again,

Howard

PS If I can be of further help let me know.

• W9OY
    W9OY Member ✭✭
    edited June 2014
    Options
    ddutil stays open I think omnirig is started by log4om

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.