Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

CAT 1.2.2 port list blank

Drax
Drax Member
edited October 2019 in SmartSDR for Windows
--SmartSDR CAT will create COM ports for me but they say Connected to UNKNOWN in the Port Map tab, but never display in the Serial Ports tab. The screen is always empty lists. --The CAT port I created made itself COM10 --Then I created a PTT port and it made itself COM4 and works in FLdigi though it doesn't display on the Serial Ports tab. --On the Port Map tab the 2nd column always says UNKNOWN and the 4th column says CAT regardless that COM4 is a PTT. Now I understand that it is all CAT to Flex-lib internally, but I can't tell them apart on the screen. This is in Windows 8.1
Tagged:

Comments

• Tim - W4TME
    Tim - W4TME Administrator, FlexRadio Employee admin
    edited March 2017
    I have converted this topic to a support HelpDesk ticket (http://helpdesk.flexradio.com) for expedited issue resolution. If anyone else is experiencing an issue similar to this one, please submit a HelpDesk support ticket for issue resolution.
  • Tim - W4TME
    Tim - W4TME Administrator, FlexRadio Employee admin
    edited October 2019
    This topic has been solved in Zendesk
  • Ernest - W4EG
    Ernest - W4EG Member ✭✭
    edited January 2015
    Tim, The instructions that I received from K6TU may be applicable to this gentlemen. Have him check it. With those instructions it set the designated physical ports and then you can add more ports as necessary. Which, I may add that in my case I only showed 1 port assigned to my antenna rotator and NOT the one for the FlexRadio I/o port 4 ... Now both are shown.

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.