Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

CAT Freq. Change Slow from HRD

EC5W
EC5W Member ✭✭
Hi!

Comparing CAT speed commands with Icom or Kenwood to change frecuency from HamRadio Deluxe, Flex is more of +4 times more slow, when i click on cluster spot i need wait until 4 seconds. I assume is for Serial to socket emulation on SmartSDR CAT. Its nornal this times and its possible send to command from HRD to SmartSDR via TCP, Socket or DLL?

Thanks!

Miguel, EA5GF

Answers

• Bob- W5TX
    Bob- W5TX Member ✭✭
    edited March 2019
    Miguel, I do not use HRD but I do use other software that controls frequency through CAT and frequency change is instantaneous. I believe there is an issue in the HRD and CAT interface. Perhaps others on community that use HRD will jump in and give you some tips. Bob
  • EC5W
    EC5W Member ✭✭
    edited June 2019
    Thanks Bob, you are using Serial protocol or IP protocol on other software? I want test setup tonight with n1mm, my first CQ WPX/CQ WW with Flex radio :-) I post results about cat speed with another software.

Miguel, EA5GF (EE5V this weekend)
  • EC5W
    EC5W Member ✭✭
    edited June 2019
    Tested with N1MM on CQWPXSSB, is fast! SuperB the first experience in contest with flex :-)
  • Johan _ SE3X
    Johan _ SE3X Member ✭✭
    edited June 2020
    Running HRD 6.5.0.199 @ 115.200 and radio setting SMART SDR. It is a bit laggy sometimes and takes a lot of processor resources from my PC. Don't use the radio control interface much. Why should you? Running SSDR if not using the Maestro. I have it minimized just to integrate Flex and the HRD loggbook.

There is a software that could take care of integration betwen SSDR and Logbook. But forgotten the name of it and haven't tried.

With N1MM CAT is lightning fast, no lagg what so ever due to my experience. 

Johan

Ps. Tnx for the points in WPX. Worked EE5V on 20m SSB Saturday morning 

• Bob G   W1GLV
    Bob G W1GLV Member ✭✭
    edited April 2019
    Johan, MiniDeluxe is the software that integrates SSDR with the logbook. Been using it for years. If you need a copy let me know. Email address good on QRZ. You do not need to load the main HRD program, just run minideluxe and start the logbook.
  • Burch - K4QXX
    Burch - K4QXX Member ✭✭
    edited April 2019
    I use DDUtil with the logbook.  Works well.
  • Johan _ SE3X
    Johan _ SE3X Member ✭✭
    edited April 2019
    You are my heroe Bob! I'll see if I can find it. Or I drop you a mail. Tnx!
  • Johan _ SE3X
    Johan _ SE3X Member ✭✭
    edited April 2019
    Haven't used DDUtil yet, but good to know it could work as well. Tnx!
  • Burch - K4QXX
    Burch - K4QXX Member ✭✭
    edited April 2019
    DDutil is great.  It adds a lot of functionality.  I use it for power limits per band, HRD and for controlling my StepIR antenna.

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.