Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

CAT Fatal Errors in 1.15

Duane_AC5AA
Duane_AC5AA Member ✭✭✭
edited June 2020 in SmartSDR for Windows
Since installing 1.15 software/firmware, I have had repetitive Fatal Errors from CAT. Usually I don't discover them until I shut down SSDR, and there are two, three, or a whole stack of these windows lurking underneath. I'm running an ASUS workstation with an 8 processor AMD, WIndows 7 Home Premium, 64-bit, and the configuration remains the same as on previous versions which did not exhibit this error. In addition to SSDR, I always have DX4WIN open and running, and FLdigi is often running as well - waiting for a digital QSO opportunity to arise. image

Comments

• Tim - W4TME
    Tim - W4TME Administrator, FlexRadio Employee admin
    edited March 2017
    I think you have a phantom virtual serial port conflicting with CAT.  I would remove all "ghosted" virtual serial ports using this procedure and see if that clears things up.
    https://helpdesk.flexradio.com/hc/en-us/articles/200883925-Removing-Hidden-or-Ghosted-Com-ports
  • Duane_AC5AA
    Duane_AC5AA Member ✭✭✭
    edited May 2018
    Thanks, Tim - I'll give that a try.
  • Duane_AC5AA
    Duane_AC5AA Member ✭✭✭
    edited May 2018
    Well, that wasn't the problem. There were no hidden or ghost ports. Only the ones I've created. Hmm...
  • Tim - W4TME
    edited December 2016
    Are you using DDUtil?
  • Duane_AC5AA
    Duane_AC5AA Member ✭✭✭
    edited May 2018
    No, no DDUTIL, or anything else other than DX4WIN which is tied to Com 6 and FLdigi which is also. Exact same setup as on the prior level (1.4.16) with only the update to 1.5 having changed. This problem started occurring after the update. I uninstalled the earlier version, then installed 1.5 fresh.
  • Bob G   W1GLV
    Bob G W1GLV Member ✭✭
    edited June 2020
    I see the same thing, it's sporadic. I also have 1.5 installed
  • Tim - W4TME
    edited December 2016
    OK.  I have seen this error before, but it should not be happening on 1.5.0

I would like for you to do the following.

1.) make a lost of all the virtual com ports you have defined and their type
    2.) Shut down CAT and SmartSDR.
    3.) Using this procedure, remove all FLEX virtual serial ports.  Even the ones you have defined currently.  https://helpdesk.flexradio.com/hc/en-us/articles/200883925-Removing-Hidden-or-Ghosted-Com-ports
    4.) reboot your PC

When the PC reboots, CAT should recreate the com ports you had defined previously.  If not, re-create them.

If the error happens again, please open a HelpDesk ticket so we can investigate further.
  • rich
    rich Member
    edited March 2016

I'd start by running only SmartSDR (without DX4Windows and FLdigi) - see how the setup runs.  Then I'd make sure that I have the latest DX4Windows SW and run that - see how it goes. 
    Finally, launch the FLdigi (there is a new release - are you using that one?)

GL, 73, Rich, K3VAT

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.