Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

CAT 1.6.17 interface when operating split not reporting VFO B?

In previous versions of SmartSDR my logging software would display both VFO A and VFO B frequencies when operating split within the same slice.  Now I only see VFO A in my logging software (Log4OM).  To comply with my licence I need to log my TX frequency coming from VFO B.  What is the setting in SmartSDR so it reports both frequencies?
73 Peter G3ZSS

Answers

• Tim - W4TME
    Tim - W4TME Administrator, FlexRadio Employee admin
    edited March 2017
    With the FLEX-6000 there is no such thing as "split within the same slice" since to operate split it requires a Slice A and Slice B.

In order to use a single CAT port assigned to any slice to operate split, meaning that the port will issue and respond to commands intended for both VFO A and VFO B, the third-party application has to send a split enable command to the radio via CAT to put it in split mode.  This would be ZZSW1;  or the Kenwood command FT1;  When you issue either of these commands, it will create the split slice to emulate VFO B which is a clone of the slice associated with the CAT port that is emulating VFO A.

This is a consequence of expanding CAT so it is no longer restricted to Slice A and B.  As such, you can actually operate split on 4 different bands (4 slice pairs) using a FLEX-6700.
  • Neal_K3NC
    Neal_K3NC Member ✭✭
    edited March 2017
    Tim, how do you 'unsplit' the 2 slices after doing the ZZSW1 command?

• Chris DL5NAM
    Chris DL5NAM Member ✭✭✭
    edited April 2020
    .... and if you change your RX to VFO B and TX to VFO B? But Tim gives the better answer!
  • DrTeeth
    DrTeeth Member ✭✭
    edited December 2018
    Peter. There is no licence requirement to keep a log in the UK, and has not been for years. Just surprised you said there was.
  • Tim - W4TME
    Tim - W4TME Administrator, FlexRadio Employee admin
    edited December 2016
    ZZSW0;

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.