Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

Can't select DAX Audio RX1 in Windows sound panel

Options
Bill Speedie
Bill Speedie Member
edited December 2018 in FLEX-6000 Signature Series
Looks like the Windows update scrambled my com ports again.  This time I can't set DAX Audio RX 1 to use with WSJT-X as I had done before.  The Win sound panel shows it on the list but it's grayed out and won't let me set it as the default.  I tried using DAX Audio RX 2 but that didn't work, probably because I need to make corresponding changes elsewhere. This is with SmartSDR v.1.11.12.  Thanks for any advice -- Bill, KA6T

Answers

• Roy Stiegler
    Roy Stiegler Member ✭✭
    edited December 2017
    Options
    I had this problem.  Dudley helped get it going.  I just switched to a different RX.  I used RX-2 and changed the other DAX setting to correspond and you will get a signal to the app.

Later (just checking to see what was going on) I went in and disabled most of the RX ports on the playback windows sound dropdown, (be sure to enable RX-1) and reboot to be sure.  With not so many ports to display, RX-1 then showed up on the WSJT-X dropdown and you could select it.  Apparently display overload.

Roy W5TCX
  • K0FLY
    K0FLY Member ✭✭✭
    edited December 2018
    Options
    Same problem here , I had to switch to DAX channel 2 to get data to MMTTY and WSTJ-X.  How do I get DAX channel 1 back, delete and reload SSDR??  Wish I could find a way to stop Win 10 updates.   All of the suggeste fixes on the internet have not worked.

Gayle K0FLY
  • Bill Speedie
    Bill Speedie Member
    edited January 2018
    Options
    Thanks for the suggestions.  I managed to get "receive" back by uninstalling SSDR and reinstalling it.  Am suspecting the problem was not Windows but a Bluetooth device.  Reinstallation after removing it gave me back RX1 audio.  

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.