Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

Can't get N3FJP Field Day Log to control my 6500

Tim Kreth
Tim Kreth Member
I am trying to use my Flex 6500 for Field Day, using N3FJP's logging software. I am using SSDR 2.4.9, and have connected to it using the FLEX API in the N3FJP software.The logging program will accept the band/mode from the 6500, but I can't get the logging program to change the band/mode. I have to change the band/mode in SSDR. I can get the logging program to change the band/mode while setting up the radio on the "rig interface" page, but once I am in the program, the program will not control the radio. I have tried connecting using the Flex API, and also using the Flex radio choice via CAT control, but still no joy. Either way, the logging program will receive the band/mode data from SSDR, but I can't get SSDR to change band/mode from the logging program.

Additionally, I am trying to send CW using the Winkeyer setting with a CAT port set up as Winkeyer. If I change the band on the radio (say from 20 meters to 40 meters), the F keys will not send CW until I click on one of the F keys in the mini control panel.

Any thoughts? Thanks, Tim, AD4CJ

Answers

• dlwarnberg
    dlwarnberg Member ✭✭
    edited June 2019
    Tim... just tried it myself... only way I can get it to work is use "kenwood2" as the rig... 

Am still messing with it to see if I can't figure out what is going on.
  • Mike-VA3MW
    Mike-VA3MW Administrator, FlexRadio Employee, Community Manager, Super Elmer, Moderator admin
    edited June 2019
    I think when I last used N3FJP, I used Kenwood TS-480 or TS-2000 and it worked just fine.  
  • Terry K8EET
    Terry K8EET Member ✭✭
    edited June 2019
    That's the way it works. The rig controls the logging program. Set the mode to be determined by the frequency. When you change frequency from CW to SSB portion of the bands you should see the mode change in the log. Changing the band with the Flex will change bands for your log. You don't need the Flex API for that. Keep it simple.
  • dlwarnberg
    dlwarnberg Member ✭✭
    edited June 2019

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.