Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

Can't get Flex 6500 top cover open

Options
billspeedie
billspeedie Member ✭✭
edited March 2019 in SmartSDR for Windows
Would like to check the fuse in my Flex 6500 but can't get the top cover removed as none of my approx. 20 hex drivers seem to fit the screws.  Is there some special size needed?  (Apparently my power supply failed, knocking out the Flex and want to check the fuses before looking for a repair solution.)

Comments

• KF4HR
    KF4HR Member ✭✭
    edited January 2019
    Options
    Bill the screws are not hex.  They are Star Bit.  If you don't have a Star Bit set they are available through Harbor Freight and such.
  • Mack
    Mack Member ✭✭✭
    edited March 2019
    Options
    The **** is a T-8 Torx head.

Mack
  • Geoff AB6BT
    Geoff AB6BT Member ✭✭✭
    edited February 2019
    Options
    Hexalobular internal if you want to be brand agnostic...
  • KD3VK Ken
    KD3VK Ken Member ✭✭
    edited January 2019
    Options
    You guys are too funny! Learn something new every day! Never heard of that term so I did a search and came up with ISO 10664 (Read it if you’re really into learning something new every day.)
  • billspeedie
    billspeedie Member ✭✭
    edited January 2019
    Options
    Thanks!  I thought they didn't quite look like hex screws, but then I'm a guy that scored at the 35th percentile on the Air Force mechanical aptitude test a long time ago.  As it happens, there's a Harbor Freight store about a mile from me, so I'll run over there tomorrow.
    This community is a great source of help, once again.
    Bill -- KA6T
  • Bob W4PG
    Bob W4PG Member ✭✭
    Options

I need to get the cover off my 6700 and none of the Torx bits I have are small enough. Is the 6700 also a T-8? I'm not sure what the size of the smallest I have but it's too big.

............Bob

• Trucker
    Trucker Member ✭✭✭
    Options

T-8 from Harbor Freight works for me.

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.