Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

Can't finish update to refresh licence but getting "Radio Internet: None!"

Problem updating radio to V3. Wants to connect to internet to complete licensing. 

Pop out box shows:

Serial: 3818-0512-6400-1032,

Max Licensed Version: v2,

Radio ID: 00-1C-2D-05-0A-96,

Radio IP: 169.254.4.156,

Radio Internet: None!

Radio Firmware: v3.0.19.119

have flex hard wired to router port.
Tried bypassing router, no change.

What am I not doing correctly.

Thank You

Ed K1EDG

Comments

• Eric-KE5DTO
    Eric-KE5DTO Administrator, FlexRadio Employee admin
    edited April 2019
    Ed,

The message about needing to connect the radio to the internet shows up when the radio doesn't think it has internet access.  The IP address starting with 169.x says that the radio currently believes it is in a link local (direct connect) state.  If you change the network connection, you'll need to reboot the radio for the changes to take effect in the radio.

Once you have purchased a license, if you plug the radio back into the router and reboot, I suspect this will take care of the internet message.
  • Ed Garrison
    Ed Garrison Member
    edited April 2019
    Tu Resulved ! ....73 Ed
  • Christian Quiroz
    edited June 2020
  • Christian Quiroz
    edited July 2019
    I have the same problem!!
  • David Decoons, wo2x
    David Decoons, wo2x Member, Super Elmer Moderator
    edited July 2019
    Christian, how do you have the radio connected to the network?
  • Christian Quiroz
    edited July 2019
    I have a laptop connected to internet via WiFi and radio is connected to the laptop via an Ethernet cable
  • Dudley  WA5QPZ
    Dudley WA5QPZ Member ✭✭✭
    edited May 2020
    Since your radio is not direct connected to your network, you should bridge your WiFi network to your wired port on you laptop. Used this procedure that’s posted in the Helpdesk help section. https://helpdesk.flexradio.com/hc/en-us/articles/115003741486-Enabling-Network-Bridging-for-Link-Local-direct-connected-FLEX-6000s Once you have the bridge setup, don’t forget to remove the DC from the radio, so it can retrieve an IP address. Let us know how you are doing. Dudley WA5QPZ
  • Christian Quiroz
    edited July 2019
    The bridge was the solution, thank you very much

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.