Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

Cant connect to radio through smart link

Scott N8UMW
Scott N8UMW Member ✭✭
Smart link sees radio, but comes back to not connected screen. Smart link status logged in. Sees radio with blue dot. Tap to connect, and it just keeps returning to not connected screen.

Comments

• Bill -VA3WTB
    Bill -VA3WTB Member ✭✭✭
    edited April 2018
    What Version are you using?
  • Scott N8UMW
    Scott N8UMW Member ✭✭
    edited April 2018
    It's the latest. Smart sdr for iOS is up to date as well, including the data file.
  • Bill -VA3WTB
    Bill -VA3WTB Member ✭✭✭
    edited April 2018
    Ok sorry Scott, i don't know much about iOS,,but there will be others that do...
  • Scott N8UMW
    Scott N8UMW Member ✭✭
    edited April 2018
  • Scott N8UMW
    Scott N8UMW Member ✭✭
    edited April 2018
  • Mike-VA3MW
    Mike-VA3MW Administrator, FlexRadio Employee, Community Manager, Super Elmer, Moderator admin
    edited April 2019
    Hi Scott 

Can you check and make sure it is 2.1.33.  I just want to make sure since you didn't mention the number.

http://www.flexradio.com/downloads/smartsdr_v2-1-33_installer-exe/

And, what device are you connecting with?  Ipad, MAC or Windows?    I gather it is IOS.

Has it worked before?

Mike

• Scott N8UMW
    Scott N8UMW Member ✭✭
    edited April 2018
    Just keeps going back to the tap here to connect.
  • Scott N8UMW
    Scott N8UMW Member ✭✭
    edited April 2018
    Yes. Worked fine. And yes, that's the smart sdr version in running.
  • Burch - K4QXX
    Burch - K4QXX Member ✭✭
    edited July 2018
    I have this same problem.  Just takes you back to the Tap here to connect screen.  I finally gave up and just use a VPN now.  Every once in awhile I can get it to log in via smart link but 90% of the time I have to use the VPN.  Running 2.1.33
  • Scott N8UMW
    Scott N8UMW Member ✭✭
    edited April 2018
    It normally works fine. Today it won't. I'm logged in to smart link. I logged out and then back in. Smart sdr for ios has the latest data file. I remotely rebooted my modem and router. Radio is on. I can run via parallels access just fine. Computer was rebooted. I'm lost.
  • Burch - K4QXX
    Burch - K4QXX Member ✭✭
    edited April 2018
    Mine has been doing this for some time.  Sometimes I can connect but most of the time it doesn't.  I can always connect with my VPN so I don't even try to use smart link much anymore but it would be nice to get it working every time.
  • Scott N8UMW
    Scott N8UMW Member ✭✭
    edited April 2018
    Is there a way to remotely reboot the radio?
  • Mike-VA3MW
    Mike-VA3MW Administrator, FlexRadio Employee, Community Manager, Super Elmer, Moderator admin
    edited April 2019
    I just tried my 6300 on wifi and no vpn via IOS and it worked fine.  

I am not sure what this is saying, but I suspect we may need to look external to the phone or the radio.

Mike

• Scott N8UMW
    Scott N8UMW Member ✭✭
    edited April 2018
    I'm at work, going through my cell carrier. I would bet if I were at home on my WiFi, it would connect just fine, as you don't need VPN or smart link to connect on your own home Wi-Fi.
  • Tim - W4TME
    Tim - W4TME Administrator, FlexRadio Employee admin
    edited April 2018
    Try logging out of your SmartLink account and logging back in.  Your security token may have expired.

• Scott N8UMW
    Scott N8UMW Member ✭✭
    edited April 2018
    That was the first thing I tried. I'll try it again.
  • Scott N8UMW
    Scott N8UMW Member ✭✭
    edited April 2018
    No change. Guess I'll have to wait until I get home to reboot the radio and try the log off and log in to smart link on the PC since i have no way to hardware key it remotely.
  • Andrew VK5CV
    Andrew VK5CV Member ✭✭
    edited April 2018
    Mike & Tim,
    Last night (10hours ago) I had a period where 2.1.33 discovered the radio a 6500 but would not connect on any client on LAN WiFi and eventually became unresponsive. SmartLink was coming up as unregistered.
    After giving up for a while when I came back I could connect locally but not via SmartLink though the radio is now visible via smartlink.
    Will get some time at the weekend.
    Andrew VK5CV

• KY6LA_Howard
    KY6LA_Howard Member ✭✭✭
    edited April 2018
    Try rebooting your router.
  • Scott N8UMW
    Scott N8UMW Member ✭✭
    edited April 2018
    I rebooted it and my modem. Didn't work. Can connect now that I'm home on my WiFi, but still can't connect using smart link.
  • Scott N8UMW
    Scott N8UMW Member ✭✭
    edited December 2019
    I rebooted the radio and unregistered, then registered smart link on the PC I run the radio from for base operation. Shut Wi-Fi off on my iPhone, and it's now working. Doing that on the iPhone didn't solve the issue. Many thanks to those who gave me suggestions to try.. And Tim, good to see you're doing better. 73 to all from N8UMW.
  • Wayne Michael
    Wayne Michael Member
    edited April 2018
    I had this issue.  I had to turn on IP6 in the SmartSDR client for my SmartSDR to work over SmarkLink. 

• Robert Rawson
    Robert Rawson Member
    edited June 2020
    I too have the same issues It worked fine yesterday but today no connection. I hit tap here to connect it finds radio then defaults to log in screen again. I have ip6 selected but still no joy. I will reboot Radio and let you know how I get on Robert M0RCX
  • Mike  W1BFA in Maine
    Mike W1BFA in Maine Member ✭✭
    edited May 2018
    I'm having exactly the same issue with my Ipad with new update and my 6500.  Last time I tried it from the same location about 2 months ago it worked fine.  Going over to camp again later today and will also bring the Maestro and see what happens with that.  I thought maybe the server was down?   Mike W1BFA

• Robert Rawson
    Robert Rawson Member
    edited May 2018
    I have read a few posts here and like so many others before me , rebooted the rig and deregusteredxsmart link and then registered it again. The app now seems to be running okay on both iPad Pro. 12 and iPhone 7 Plus. Robert M0RCX
  • Mike  W1BFA in Maine
    edited May 2018
    I finally got a few minutes to go back to camp and I brought the Maestro as well as the Ipad.  No connect on either of them.  It's almost like I'm getting some type of response but both devices give up and the Ipad is just looping around to connect screen and never will connect.  The Ipad is recent software as well as the Maestro and 6500.  I have rebooted routers at both locations as well as the 6500.  I hope to get over and give it a try again tomorrow.  It was working fine a couple of months ago???

thanks  Mike

• Mike  W1BFA in Maine
    edited May 2018
    Another round of rebooting radio, pc, routers etc as well as re registering the radio and rebooting again. Took a ride to camp and fired up tired up the IPad and tried Smartlink. very same results as before.. round and round the login loop. It sees the 6500 and if is busy on the local pc you see that prompts you with options then you loop back again Then I started the Maestro and tried to log in and all was normal to the panadapter... it loaded the meters,menu buttons etc but no pan.. just blank. I did some more troubleshooting, rebooted that router and check it to be the same as it was 2 months ago and exactly the same results. Had to leave but be back to try again tomorrow. I will go through router settings again. Somethings changed. I may have to open a ticket..?.
  • Mike  W1BFA in Maine
    edited May 2018
    Back at the house this morning and ran the Maestro and Ipad through their paces locally and everything works fine.  I've double checked everything I can think of here at the house and by rights it should work this afternoon when I head back over to camp.  That's my plan...  if it doesn't I guess I need to hand this off to someone more knowledgeable than me.  Any suggestions would be appreciated.  All last summer the same equipment worked remote from the same site like clockwork??
  • Mike-VA3MW
    edited May 2018
    Hi Mike

If you have eliminated all the items in your control, then it is possible that the problem are items not in your control to change or debug.   What is different between your Camp in your house?   When you don't get the panadapter, something is blocking the Vita49 packets from the radio.  

Assuming I reviewed what you read, when you get remote and on SmartLink it never fully commits?

Mike

• Mike  W1BFA in Maine
    edited May 2018
    At the camp I have the same router as at the house...  Linksys 6350 AC1200+.  The internet provider at the house (radio) is Spectrum with appr 90Meg down and 12 up.  The internet provider at the camp is DSL at 6.5 meg down and about .9 up.  I know the ISP equip at the camp end and in the CO is exactly the same as last year because I just retired from the phone company and was the engineer :-)

I assumed I was getting service through the Smartlink server for it to get as far as it does with the setup process.  If I was handy with Wireshark or something I would poke around to see what was going by.  Unfortunately I finished the last years of my work pushing paper instead of dialtone and packets (promoted to my level of incompetence!)   thanks   Mike

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.