Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

Can't connect to Flex using Smartlink over Comcast but works ok with other providers?

Options
Mark - W0QL
Mark - W0QL Member ✭✭
Solution for not being able to connect with Smartlink using one internet service but connects ok with others.

Has anyone experienced a problem like I did where they could not reach their Flex remotely with Smartlink when using one provider but it works ok over another provider?  I have a Flex 6600 that I could not connect to if the Internet provider is Comcast but it worked fine if I used my AT&T Mobile Hotspot.  I even tried a VPN and it works fine with that, too.  Obviously a problem with Comcast, right?   Of course not.  That would be way too easy.  It was not a problem with Comcast.  The solution is to set a parameter called "MTU" on the client router to a smaller value.  Default on mine is 1500.  Setting MTU to 1478 made it so I could reach the Flex over Comcast with no further changes.  Your numbers may vary but this is a starting point before you open any trouble tickets.  I saw lots of similar posts but I didn't see any solutions.  Hope this helps some one out there. 

Comments

• KI4P
    KI4P Member ✭✭
    edited May 2020
    Options
    ok! ill bite! cant remember what MTU is, have seen it somewhere but not sure what it does
  • Mark - W0QL
    Mark - W0QL Member ✭✭
    edited May 2020
    Options
    Hello.  Thanks for asking. I should have defined it.  It stands for Maximum Transmission Unit.  In other words it's the maximum size of the packets.  The setting should be found in the Internet section or wan section of a router.  My whole bloody writeup is here if you want something to put you to sleep tonight.   https://w0ql.wordpress.com/
    Mark

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.