Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

Can't connect SmartSDR for iOS with my 6500

Bill Speedie
Bill Speedie Member
edited February 2019 in FLEX-6000 Signature Series
Just purchased the SmartSDR for iOS app and can't get the app to find my 6500.  Have tried "discover" "scan" and "fixed" settings but none connect.  "Discover" just shows the whirly icon indefinitely, "scan" shows "nothing found" and "fixed" shows "seach error" after entering the IP address of the radio.  The radio works fine with a cable to the PC and the PC has a solid wifi connection.  Any ideas?

Comments

• Stan VA7NF
    Stan VA7NF Member ✭✭✭
    edited February 2017
    The most common problem on connection is that the radio (server) and the client MUST be on the SAME SUBNET.  Your note infers that the PC is the WiFi source - if so it will be a different subnet than the PC wired connection.  Check the IP address of your iOS device.
    Typical subnet address would be 192.168.0.****  (or 1.**** for some switches)
  • Bob K8RC
    Bob K8RC Member ✭✭✭
    edited February 2017
    Unless you have a fairly unusual PC configuration, connecting the radio via a cable to the PC does not put the radio on the PC's WiFi network interface. Since the radio is not on WiFi your iOS device doesn't see it. You need to connect the radio directly to a wire port on your router instead of the PC. (the radio does NOT have built-in WiFi) It should then be seen by all the devices, including WiFi.
  • Bill Speedie
    Bill Speedie Member
    edited February 2019
    Thanks -- will have to think about getting an Ethernet connection from the radio to the router. -- Bill, KA6T
  • WV9L
    WV9L Member ✭✭
    edited February 2017
    If wire isnt possible, try getting a ubiguiti nano station for $65 on ebay and set it up as a station, and connect to your wifi network and enable WDS bridge. If you need help email me thru QRZ. Be glad to talk you thru it via a phone call. 73 de WV9L
  • Craig Gagner
    Craig Gagner Member ✭✭

WV9L,

Much obliged for your insight and offer. I reconfigured one as an AP and the one the radio is on as a Client Bridge. Everything is working quite well. I wonder if the WDS Bridge scheme being MAC address centric is creating the issue versus a Client Bridge being ip centric. I'll read up on the ubiguity nano.

Thank you WV9L and 73's

Yours,

Craig, w7phg

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.