Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

Cannot slew slice receiver frequency

Robert Watson
Robert Watson Member
edited June 2020 in SmartSDR for Windows
In early releases of software, I was able to move the frequency of the slice receiver by highlighting the frequency box in blue and type in the new frequency and the panadaptor center frequency would move to the new frequency. Running 1.05 I have tried every combination of mouse and flex control and the frequency box always returns to the default frequency and no change in the received frequency. I have tried all bands including General coverage and I cannot chnage the slice frequency. If this issue has been previously posted, my apologies. I found none. 73, Bob, KN4HH

Comments

• Warren Elly
    Warren Elly Member
    edited December 2013
    Hopefully once we get past 1.05 beta this will be restored...works fine of course with 1.o.o.87
  • Ken - NM9P
    Ken - NM9P Member ✭✭✭
    edited June 2020
    I find that it works from some frequency ranges and not from others. I suspect it involves the crossing of certain bandpass boundaries. I also find that if I have a slice open I can drag the panadapter only so far until it stops. Then I must "click" the receive slice frequency back into the center before I can slide the pan any further. This is more than a bit frustrating when I try to slide the pan around to visually check other frequencies while keeping the current slice active.
  • Bruce
    Bruce Member
    edited December 2013
    Robert Cline Ditto on this problem of "loosing control" of the slice frequency once selected as exampled in selection of the "up frequency". An attempt to manually entered frequency is not possible, nor is a double-click on the yellow cursor. A double click on the slice often allows one to regain cursor changes of the "up" frequency. My 2¢. Bruce N5FD
  • Brian Morgan VK7RR
    Brian Morgan VK7RR Member ✭✭
    edited December 2018
    I am mainly using 6 metres and have no problem. I highlight the frequency box, then change to 50.110, hit enter and it works every time. I have also used it on 40 and 20, occasionally, and it has never failed to work for me. Brian VK7RR
  • Tim - W4TME
    Tim - W4TME Administrator, FlexRadio Employee admin
    edited March 2017
    Robert, Can you provide some exact frequencies that are causing the problem? Also what radio model are you using?
  • Robert Watson
    Robert Watson Member
    edited May 2014
    Tim, if I select General Coverage on the slice receiver, the panadapter center frequency is 1.000Mhz. If I click in the RX frequency box, it highlights the current frequency in blue. I then insert 11.330.000 for 11.330 Mhz and hit enter. The frequency box reverts back to 1.000.000Mhz. If I try any of the other bands and try inserting any frequency, I get the same results. on one occasion, I did see a marker off to the right side of the screen as some others have encountered. I single clicked and nothing happened. I double clicked and the panadapter centered on the frequency I supplied. This only happened once. The Flex 6500 id is 3313-0588-6500-2526
  • Tim - W4TME
    edited March 2017
    What happens if you enter just "11.33"?
  • Robert Watson
    Robert Watson Member
    edited March 2017
    Well, Tim, my problem may be of my own making. If I change the frequency on the slice receiver as you suggested to 11.33 (by the way that is an aeronautical channel I monitor) The panadapter centers on that frequency. If I change to a frequency lower than the panadapter center, I get a icon on the left side of the screen. If I double click it, the receiver tunes to that frequency. If I change to a frequency higher than the receiver is tuned to, I get an icon on the right side of the screen and by double clicking, the receiver tunes. Sorry for the confusion. I thought that if you change the frequency using the syntax that is displayed in the frequency window, the panadapter center would move to that frequency. Thanks for your prompts. Bob
  • Bruce
    Bruce Member
    edited December 2013
    Tim, As to your question of radio and frequency of my last reply: Radio Flex 6500 Frequency 28.035.5 ----------- I Tried again this afternoon 12Dec2013 and learned a little more about operation of the radio. I'm able to change frequency of both the "red line DX station by clicking the red cusor which turns it yellow and can track shifts in the DX frequency. The formerly yellow cursor which was my "up frequency has changed to red. I then click on it and it changes to yellow and I can change the slice frequency. I also had a little trouble when I changed bands by using the band select box. and got a "Wide" notice with a notice of <ATx 0.280 on the left side of the screen. I closed and reselected and got back on. Maybe I need a YOUTUBE movie to sort some of these operations out. I didn't replicate the lack of direct frequency input. It's not too difficult after the first time Hi.
  • Tim - W4TME
    edited December 2016
    Got it. No problem. The default behavior is not to tune the panadapter if the slice and show the OSI (off screen Indicator) to designate the slice is somewhere else in the sampled spectrum.
  • Robert Watson
    Robert Watson Member
    edited May 2014
    Tim, thanks. I finally figured out frequency change inside vs outside of the panadapter slice since it behaves differently. I now have officially been elevated to the level of enough knowledge to be dangerous. Thanks again, Bob

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.